Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

H&R springs...

Old 11-08-2004, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R springs...

Hi....

Any guys here on the forum used the H&R lowering springs in their coupes? They are supposed to be a similar drop to the Eibach Pro Kits, but are cheaper by quite a bit.

The diiference in the price will pay for most of my shipping to Australia.

Anyone know anything about 'em ?

Thanx.....

Old 11-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: H&R springs...

I know that H&R sport springs are progressive (my favorite kind) Basically, progressive springs are softer under normal driveing and actually get stiffer teh harder they are worked. So they can keep a comfortable ride under normal driveing and are nice and stiff in the twisties

Tim

P.S. I used to have progressive whitline springs on my WRX, wonderful aussie company

Old 11-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: H&R springs...

I had progressive H&Rs installed in my old car, which you can see in the little picture next to my name.

They worked great!

H&Rs are a german brand and widely used in Mercedes, BMW, etc etc, as well as on the racing circuit. If you see the Mercedes at the 24 hours of LeManns they use H&R..

Anyway yeah they are awesome. And progressive is the way to go. If I can explain it a little bit better, if you picture the spring, they are softer near the top, and progressively get stiffer and harder as you move down.. As you go over small bumps and around turns, etc, the spring is softer the smaller the move. The more weight that gets pushed down on it, the harder it resists.

This is what allows it to give you a comfy ride, but sporty handling. Small bumps will be as unnoticable as if you had regular springs, but when you really work it, and put weight on the springs from flying around a turn, they get stiffer and give in less.