Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Old 10-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Adjustable Rear Camber Arms

Originally Posted by mobilefitt
So I just went with the NW kit. I want to be sure it fit's right and is all I need. Thanks for the link!
I am sure you will have no issues with fit with the NeedsWings kit.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:06 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got my GC Arms!

I waited and got a set that were Anodized. Shipping took about 3 days. They look great, and it's great that I have them. The tubes look the straight ones I've seen in all the DIY's with @ 150 degree angle right in the middle. If you can get a swedged tube bent without breaking it, you could use one of those. The J bars on this post should work fine, the bend isn't in the middle, but it might even be more appropriate for our typical application. (Limited's dropped 1.5 inches, or SRT's dropped 1-2 inches).

Im thinking that we need to change up the sway bar application for those still hearing contact when using the bent arms from GC. Either use the stock bar and change up the sway bar links with adjustable links to hold the sway bar farther away from the Thrust (camber) Arm.

Or

A bar with angles that allow for more clearance for the 1 inch portion of bar ( 2 spots where they touch) that comes in contact with the camber arm.

Last edited by mobilefitt; 10-20-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Got my GC Arms!

I waited and got a set that were galvanized. Shipping took about 3 days. They look great, and it's great that I have them. The tubes look the straight ones I've seen in all the DIY's with @ 150 degree angle right in the middle. If you can get a swedged tube bent without breaking it, you could use one of those. The J bars on this post should work fine, the bend isn't in the middle, but it might even be more appropriate for our typical application. (Limited's dropped 1.5 inches, or SRT's dropped 1-2 inches).

Im thinking that we need to change up the sway bar application for those still hearing contact when using the bent arms from GC. Either use the stock bar and change up the sway bar links with adjustable links to hold the sway bar farther away from the Thrust (camber) Arm.

Or

A bar with angles that allow for more clearance for the 1 inch portion of bar ( 2 spots where they touch) that comes in contact with the camber arm.

Can we see a picture of your "galvanized" camber arms. What type of metal are they using for these arms?

Old 10-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dinasrt
Can we see a picture of your "galvanized" camber arms. What type of metal are they using for these arms?
Here ya go....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
GC Galvinized Arms.jpg (429.2 KB, 81 views)
Old 10-20-2014, 01:27 PM

Here ya go....
Thanks for the pic., those are real nice. I didn't know they offered both powder coated or Anodized.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I looked on the GC website and don't see those arms anywhere, all I see is the 3 'complete' suspension kits.
What do they cost, and how do you order them ?

Old 10-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Forum Regular

Anodized..... duh.....

Old 10-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
I looked on the GC website and don't see those arms anywhere, all I see is the 3 'complete' suspension kits.
What do they cost, and how do you order them ?
$278.00 Shipped. E-mail Donovan@ground-control.com

Tell him the guy that's been giving him a hard time for the last month told you to contact him.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:57 PM

$278.00 Shipped. E-mail Donovan@ground-control.com

Tell him the guy that's been giving him a hard time for the last month told you to contact him.
Please leave me out of this.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:36 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

So, am I understanding this right, since I don't mess with my suspension all that much, that I will need these arms along with the kit I will be ordering? Springs/struts is all that is in the kit I believe.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Forum Regular

If you lower your car, and you want to prevent tire wear, you will need these arms, or something similar.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:16 PM

That is the whole reason for going to the kit, is to bring it down a bit and stiffen up the suspension a bit... Guess we need to ask Donovan some more questions.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
That is the whole reason for going to the kit, is to bring it down a bit and stiffen up the suspension a bit... Guess we need to ask Donovan some more questions.
Earlier in this thread is pics of the coil over kit, the Koni's that it was designed for. It has shocks, coil over spring conversions, the camber arms, and perhaps toe adjustment for the front? The shocks and springs are advertised for suspension on their site.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:22 PM

I think Les ordered camber arms as well. I don't think the kit includes them. I will call Donovan when ready to order. That is almost $2k, so it won't be until bonus time around the end of November. I will have the winter to figure things out. I need to find a shop in Indy to dial it in. No one around here is going to understand what we are doing or have a set of scales. But, they do in Indy. Thanks for the input. It's been over 30 yrs since I have worried about a suspension and how a car handled going round and round. Been drag racing on and off the last 30...lol.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Forum Regular

I did KYB, Ebiach spring upgrade. Car is a sport oriented daily driver that isn't eating tires. Camber is out of spec so I plan to spec it up and drive it like I stole it. I couldn't imagine the car with less body roll, or more road feedback. 2K isn't a ton for a race ready set up, but i think if I wanted to upgrade, I could just add the coil over conversion kit for $599.

I have $250 in new springs, and $220 in new shocks (kyb gas adjust for crossfire). $278 in camber arms and $80 in camber bolts from Needs Wings. $300 in wheel spacers and bolts

$1100 plus install for a car that cuts like scalpel, and doesn't require a visit to the dentist when I hit a pot hole and I did it one piece at a time. Springs, spacers, shocks, camber arms/bolts, tie rod ends.

My tie rod boots are busted so i picked up a cheap set of tie rod ends with lifetime warranty from Advanced Auto $35 for the pair.

I'm done with the suspension once the Alignment is complete.

Old 10-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Forum Regular

So here you go. KyB, Eibiach, GC camber arms, 4 camber/caster bolts (adjustable).

Car has body roll now.....

Looks like I need to upgrade my front sway bar to the SRT bar now!

See if that helps.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
alignment GC Camber.jpg (417.7 KB, 50 views)
Old 01-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Need some help from you guys on rear camber arms. I have read a lot about Ground Control adjustable arms. However, most of the stuff is from racers and guys with lowered cars. My problem is the 275/30s on the rear wheels are wearing on the insides. I know that is a common problem. My car is stock (not lowered). Donovan says his adjustable camber arms will solve the problem. However, I read a lot in this forum about contact with sway bars and noisy grommets. How about some expert opinions from you guys with all the experience. I would really like to solve the tire wear problem. With a standard height car is sway bar contact and grommet noise a problem?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmier
Need some help from you guys on rear camber arms. I have read a lot about Ground Control adjustable arms. However, most of the stuff is from racers and guys with lowered cars. My problem is the 275/30s on the rear wheels are wearing on the insides. I know that is a common problem. My car is stock (not lowered). Donovan says his adjustable camber arms will solve the problem. However, I read a lot in this forum about contact with sway bars and noisy grommets. How about some expert opinions from you guys with all the experience. I would really like to solve the tire wear problem. With a standard height car is sway bar contact and grommet noise a problem?
Here's my thread from 12/2012 about the DIY rear cambers I put together. I have these on both of my Xfires. 05 Limited and SRT6 both @ stock height. Limited has KYB shocks and the SRT has Konis on soft setting. Both cars have the DIY rear cambers now for 2+ yrs with no problems what-so-ever. Still perfectly quiet. Neither one has needed any type of readjustment. The tires are wearing perfectly. And both are driven year round in Florida! Very highly recommend these on a OEM setup, especially for under $100 a pair. I've also been supplying these to a certified M/B mechanic @ a local Firestone for installation on other Mercedes with outstanding results. So yes they've been well tested!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post712854

Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talked to a highly respected alignment guy the other day about adjusting rear camber on SRT6. He said what he did on an SRT8 for a customer was elongate the hole in the bracket that holds the camber arm to the frame so that he could adjust to the correct camber and then tighten down with some serrated washers so that the arm could not move in the elongated hole. Keeps the original camber arm on the vehicle. Avoids contact with other suspension members. Said it worked and never had to readjust. Comments from you guys in the know?

Old 01-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmier
Talked to a highly respected alignment guy the other day about adjusting rear camber on SRT6. He said what he did on an SRT8 for a customer was elongate the hole in the bracket that holds the camber arm to the frame so that he could adjust to the correct camber and then tighten down with some serrated washers so that the arm could not move in the elongated hole. Keeps the original camber arm on the vehicle. Avoids contact with other suspension members. Said it worked and never had to readjust. Comments from you guys in the know?
I'd be awfully leary about elongating holes and serated washers. May work OK for SRT8 which may have a beefier bracket then the SRT6. The DIY setup is based on kits already made by mfgs (MB Arts, Megan Racing, TopSpeed, etc.) who charge 3X the cost of parts used to make theirs. I have an agreement to provide the DIY kits with a local Firestone mech. for install on several MB models and so far he's installed maybe 2 dozen with no problems reported. Besides, your alignment guy will probably charge you around $200 to cut the holes longer plus his cost for parts and aligning, when you can DIY for under $90. You can even align the back tires yourself.
If you don't want to do any permanent damage to the brackets, they do also make a camber alignment bushing kit that is pressed into one end of the OEM camber. but after the cost for the kit plus labor, you're still looking at over $200.

Specialty Products 28840 - Alignment Control Arm Bushings | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rear Camber Arms