Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

New Tires for my SRT-6/ SRT6 owners only please

Old 06-18-2015, 02:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Tires for my SRT-6/ SRT6 owners only please

Since I've Eurocharged my SRT-6 it makes so much power , I don't want to lose traction on the road , My car actually launches very good , but I'm looking for more traction for handling as well as the occasional stoplight launch , I Live in Tampa area of Florida and although I generally don't drive in the rain , It does rain alot this time of year , Currently in the rear are Velozza ZXV 255-35-19 and the fronts are 225-40-18 Hankook Ventus v12 EVO , that's what's been on my car since purchased Sept 2014 , Tires are still in good shape , But I think I might want some new Tires because I wanna be safe when it's play time , Knowing me (like to push limits from time to time ) I need a good matched set (same brand) high performance street tires , and I am willing to change sizes slightly , I know this topic has been beaten to death but I'm tired of searching (do have to sleep once in a while) Thanks .........

Old 06-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Tires for my SRT-6/ SRT6 owners only please

under psi,
I had the same problem after adding a few hp items on my srt6.
I also did to like the way my proxas tires would let go then grab in jerks.. very unload like.
I , after lots of study installed michelin pilot sport as 3 and will never look back. they hold everything i give er making it almost boring at a light. they will drift very nicely with a smooth recovery.. It is my kind of driving.
john

Old 06-28-2015, 01:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There's no doubt that Michelin puts out an awesome tire. If you don't need an AS, but want a stickier, more affordable(than a Michelin anyway), can be used for occasional track day tire; I like the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11. 225/40/18 & 265/35/19 for stock rims. Yes, you can squeeze fatter if you want, but check the tire threads for pros and cons.

Old 07-31-2015, 07:52 AM

I plan on Michelin Pilot Super Sports on mine next.

Without any modification, the current Michelin Pilot A/S plus don't handle the power.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:17 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If money is not an option, the Pirelli P-Zero Corsa will be the hands down best dry and wet summer performance street tire. You cannot go wrong with the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups either.
If you are looking for something that won't drain your wallet, a lot of owners have had good lick with the Hankook Centus v12 Evo. I did not have a great experience with them, but I am also turbocharged and when I come in to boost, nothing short of a slick keeps the tires from spinning (unless on a prepped surface). I currently run the Mickey Thompson Street Comps. I believe these would be perfect for a pulley/tune SRT-6. With a little bit of heat, these tires have great forward grip, but the lateral grip is not so great due to a softer sidewall.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:32 AM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

For me tires are the only thing holding this car to the road so I don't want to experiment with "a more economical tire," I just want the best.

Upon some reading and looking I went for the Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

Driving my previous Crossfire I would take a particular corner at 30MPH and the Kumho's felt as if they were asked to do 90% of what they are capable of but in the SRT the Michelin Pilot Super Sports can do 40MPH yet feel as if they are using the same 90% of what they could do. I hope this description makes sense of the feel from each set of tires. That's 33% more speed for the same "feel" from the tires/car.

Last edited by KDW4Him; 07-31-2015 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:54 PM

I investigated a lot of tires about 2 years ago when I need tires for my SRT. Even though I live in an area where we get snow, we do not get very many days and the amount is never over a couple of inches. So, I looked at summer performance tires only. After investigating as well as I could, I decided to purchase Falken tires. I used to be involved in road racing and I still follow the sport as much as I can. The series I follow the most is the Tudor United Sports Car one. The team that always surprised me is the Falken Porsche LMP car. The Falken one car team was surprisingly competitive being the only car/team not on Michlelin's. They race against factory Vettes Porsche's, BMW's, Ferrari's, etc. At one race when it started to rain, that car went to the front and stayed there to win. The reason I say all of this is because they are a smaller tire company too and their tires tend to be less costly, but by their successful LMGT Porsche proves that they know how to build a great tire and that knowledge trasfer down to their street tires. Many people, me included, have a tendency to equate price with quality and you never want to compromise on tires since they are so important to safety. But why pay more for a tire if you do not have to, to get the same quality/performance? I have about 10K miles on mine now and driving in the twisties here in E.Tennessee, rain/sun, my Falken's have never failed to give me confidence that I can run with any other SRT/car. Not that I am faster than other drivers, but I have never felt that I was lagging behind because of the tires. Check them out, it is worth a look anyway. Good luck. I moved from St. Pete 12 years ago, so I know what kind of roads and weather you have to deal with
. One reason I moved was that the Florida roads, on the whole, for us car nuts are not very exciting. So now I can run the Dragon pretty much whenever I want to, but my road home is almost as much fun and I love leaving Falken rubber in the corners! lol I think that this is Falken's new performance tire. AZENIS FK453 AZENIS FK453 TIRE | Falken Tire Watch the short video on this tire.