Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Help With Tire Purchase

Old 06-29-2016, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help With Tire Purchase

Originally Posted by dedwards0323

Here's what the Barums were priced at when I bought them in FEB this year.
Thanks so much Dedwards, I got all of the info I need. Thanks to you I know where to buy and which size to again.

Thanks again Edward and everyone else who provided guidance

SrWilliams

Old 06-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Interesting that the web site recommends 51 PSI pressure for ALL the tire sizes ......
I interpret the info on Inflation Pressure in their website as Max Pressure. But the website really doesn't state that specifically.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitto tires Motiva I think, great tires, 60,000 mile warranty, all season, inexpensive, looks great

Old 07-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Here's what the Barums were priced at when I bought them in FEB this year.

TYVM dedwards0323, for posting this tire thread!

OMGawd!!!!! Home - Discount Tire Direct (Found out there is a discount tire as well as a discount tire direct!) is having a rebate on these (set of 4) at $75.00 for a set of 4, and I got the set of 4 (front 18's rear 19's) OEM size, for $341.00 free shipping. I pressed the salesguy (Clinton) and he said the rebate applies to the split size as well (18 front and 19 rear). So, instead of $416.00 with free delivery, I got em all (and they had to ship em from two locations, the 19's from Arizona and the 18's from Ohio) for the $341.00. The rebate is with Discount Tire, and good until 5 July. The number is 1-800-589-6789, I asked if I could post this here (being the rebate and all) and Clinton said they very much appreciate the spreading of the news (good business practice). SO, if anyone was waiting to 'pull the trigger' on a set of WELL rated tires, now might be the time! Good luck!

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 07-02-2016 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Vendor name change CORRECTION!
Old 07-01-2016, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
TYVM dedwards0323, for posting this tire thread!

OMGawd!!!!! Discount tire is having a rebate on these (set of 4) at $75.00 for a set of 4, and I got the set of 4 (front 18's rear 19's) OEM size, for $341.00 free shipping. I pressed the salesguy (Clinton) and he said the rebate applies to the split size as well (18 front and 19 rear). So, instead of $416.00 with free delivery, I got em all (and they had to ship em from two locations, the 19's from Texas and the 18's from Ohio) for the $341.00. The rebate is with Discount Tire, and good until 5 July. The number is 1-800-589-6789, I asked if I could post this here (being the rebate and all) and Clinton said they very much appreciate the spreading of the news (good business practice). SO, if anyone was waiting to 'pull the trigger' on a set of WELL rated tires, now might be the time! Good luck!
Curious if the rebate applies to in-store purchases. The Discount Tire store on Congaree Road in Greenville had 2 complete sets of these for a Crossfire in stock for about $2-$3 less per tire than what I paid for them mail order back in FEB.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:16 PM

Yea I made my purchase today as well and only purchased the two rears, so I was not able to capitalize on the 4 tire rebate

But I am so happy to pay $117 per tire when measured against the 200+ for a tire I was getting from other manufacturers

Old 07-02-2016, 11:18 AM

I bought Nitto Motiva yesterday from Discount Tire for my 300 srt8, my second set and they are an excellent tire.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by srt10
I bought Nitto Motiva yesterday from Discount Tire for my 300 srt8, my second set and they are an excellent tire.

Is it true? Seems we have a Chrysler aficionado here, an SRT10, SRT8 300, and maybe an SRT6 XF? Just curious.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:02 AM

OK, got all 4 tires and went to DTD to apply for the rebate. It'll come in 1-2 weeks (visa prepaid card). Have to use it within 6 months (EASY) or it drops the remaining $ on it. Went to the Continental tire webpage and low n behold, you can register the new tires there (by DOT number) because they are a Continental branded tire. As I was perusing the site, I also find they offer a couple bennies as well.

Register the tires at ( register.cimstireregistration.com 200612 ), section 2 has a drop-down for the Barum's. The tires (without an additional purchase) have a 12 month replacement warranty (with conditions) AND a premature wear warranty as well.

Then (much to my surprise, didn't find anything to exclude them) here ( https://register.roadsideprotect.com...inental_en.php ) is a bonus! This complimentary tire protection program (careful, just activate the free service, as outlined on the 'HOME' tab of the page given) is INCLUDED in the cost of the tires! Now, about all those 'tire replacement policies' they try (retailers in general) to sell you at initial purchase? Hmmmmmm....

Of course, you have to do your homework so make sure you read all, and get what you deserve! IF by some wild accidental overlooking of any situation that renders something I posted here invalid, please please let me know so I can correct it?

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 07-11-2016 at 04:12 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:29 AM

OK, got all 4 tires and went to DTD to apply for the rebate. It'll come in 1-2 weeks (visa prepaid card). Have to use it within 6 months (EASY) or it drops the remaining $ on it. Went to the Continental tire webpage and low n behold, you can register the new tires there (by DOT number) because they are a Continental branded tire. As I was perusing the site, I also find they offer a couple bennies as well.

Register the tires at ( register.cimstireregistration.com 200612 ), section 2 has a drop-down for the Barum's. The tires (without an additional purchase) have a 12 month replacement warranty (with conditions) AND a premature wear warranty as well.

Then (much to my surprise, didn't find anything to exclude them) here ( https://register.roadsideprotect.com...inental_en.php ) is a bonus! This complimentary tire protection program (careful, just activate the free service, as outlined on the 'HOME' tab of the page given) is INCLUDED in the cost of the tires! Now, about all those 'tire replacement policies' they try (retailers in general) to sell you at initial purchase? Hmmmmmm....

Of course, you have to do your homework so make sure you read all, and get what you deserve! IF by some wild accidental overlooking of any situation that renders something I posted here invalid, please please let me know so I can correct it?

Very nice info - Thanks, Chuck.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:49 AM

Completed the online registration (recall notice and flat tire roadside assistance) of the Barums I bought back in FEB.

I also purchased Refund/Replace Certificates from Discount Tire Direct when I made original purchase. Don't normally do this on my other vehicles but did so on the Crossfire.

Later,

Last edited by dedwards0323; 07-11-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:01 AM

Completed the online registration (recall notice and flat tire roadside assistance) of the Barums I bought back in FEB.

I also purchased Refund/Replace Certificates from Discount Tire Direct when I made original purchase. Don't normally do this on my other vehicles but did so on the Crossfire.

Later,

Probably good that I bought warranty certificates from Discount Tire Direct. Continental website states that for Flat Tire Assistance, tires must be registered within 45 days of original purchase date. I missed this by 3 months.

Old 07-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by ATX SRT-6
If you just looking for cheap tires maybe try these Zenna Argus reviews seem positive.
ARGUS-UHP - API Tires
Looked into these tires this morning. Found out that NTB carries this line. But after checking local store (which is only about 3 miles from house), found where they only carried the OEM fronts. Might be able to get the OEM rears special order.

Anyway, found an online tire store (SuperBuyTires.com - XFire OEM Sizes) that carried these tires. Prices are attached. Might be a possibility for anyone looking for speed rated All-Season tire that is low cost, but reasonable reviews. (Note: This website had quite a few low cost tires available for the Crossfire. But I didn't check other name brand product lines.)

I'd still prefer the Barums primarily due to Continental connection.

Later,

Attached Images

Last edited by dedwards0323; 07-11-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:31 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

One thing that will make nitto motivo my next set for back is the "Mad in U.S.A."
But might be next year as I just put a set of dws 285/35 on last fall.
Wonder how the packed snow grip compares to the the dsw and gmax.

Are these a newer tire?
Or have they been made for awhile??

Old 07-13-2016, 10:40 AM

I'm probably too brand loyal but it's Michelin or nothing for me when I replace tires.

Bought my Crossie in April and it was shod with Michelin AS3's in back and unfortunately some Delinte's on the front that were obviously replaced just to sell the car. I've been itching to get rid of them but it's too hard to justify when they only have about 2000 miles on them.

Unrelated...my Chrysler 300 came with Goodyear Eagle's that were great while new. Once worn though were terrible in wet conditions. I'll be swapping out for Michelin Primacy before winter comes. Can't complain too much though, the Goodyear did last exactly the 60,000 miles specified.

Old 07-15-2016, 11:10 AM

Mounted/balanced, had TPMS sensors removed with 1 1/4" rubber valve stems (set of 4 from local Napa, only 2 bucks), out at the local AFB Firestone franchise. The cost of the mounting/bal was $63.01 (had all the 'felgercarb' *sci-fi folks know* taken off the list of things they seem to automatically add on (like lifetime bal/rotate, valve rebuild kits, old tire recycle fee's, and such). Took her for a 15 mile spin (remember, I am not driving the car because of the recalled drivers side airbag, which FCA is handing PI$$POORLY). Car is super quiet now (NO ROAD NOISE), Very stable and responsive just like when I first bought her! Quite the difference from the worn out almost 9 year old OEM Conti's. The whole package was $406.01 installed ($341, $2, $63.01). Only problem I had, was the SC superheated weather that just beat me down. I put her on jack-stands and took the 4 wheels and 4 new tires out to the base in the bed of my P/U. I highly recommend these tires! ! You may not get the $75.00 rebate from DTD but if you sweet talk them, they might give it to you. I had until Aug 4 to apply for the rebate so if your good at sweet talking, maybe they can give you the rebate? Good luck!

Old 07-15-2016, 02:53 PM

I put her on jack-stands and took the 4 wheels and 4 new tires out to the base in the bed of my P/U.
So why did you take the 4 new tires & wheels off the car & load them into your pickup bed?

Old 07-16-2016, 11:40 AM

So why did you take the 4 new tires & wheels off the car & load them into your pickup bed?

Had to 'deliver' the tires to the installer anyway AND I have parked the car due to the Takata drivers side airbag recall. There is a detailed post about my car and the recall in 180's (Dave) post here ( https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ag-recall.html ). My location, lack of answers to directly asked questions that FCA will not answer on the record, resulted in me deciding not to drive the car (except to test the new tires) until the drivers side airbag is replaced or disabled. They (FCA) will not even send me a letter declaring the airbag safe, so I will not be a contributing factor in any injury or death from this airbag. If you own an 07 or 08 (in this current recall), you would be well informed to read all the NHTSA documents listed and on their site about this issue.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:09 PM

I'm interested in these tires also considering the positive comments and the reasonable price. Does anyone have a photo of them mounted? I'm curious what they look like. The photos I've seen are all more conventional sizes.

How is the winter performance? They are listed as Summer tires on their own website. But they also don't have an All Season category, so I think it's just a translation difference. Discount Tire Direct refers to them as all season. And a person I talked to from Discount Tire on the phone today said they are All Season. We get some snow here so I need some all season performance.

Kurt from Maryland.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:44 PM

Fair warning. 285 rear tires might rub if you're too low on both inboard and out oard wheel well.

Rear tire 285 width at lowest setting using very old set of ground control adjustable spring which caused rubbing until radials were exposed.

Ignore the baldness of the tire in general, the point here is that 285 rear tires on a Crossfire with a bottomed out suspension will rub inside wheel well and outer wheel well also. These tires were driven until they blew out.

Quick Reply: Help With Tire Purchase