Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Esp/bas light

Old 08-12-2016, 04:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esp/bas light

hello guys , i have a problem with my crossfire , the esp / bas light is always on , I also changed the brake pedal switch, but I have not solved anything .
how can I do?

Old 08-12-2016, 06:42 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Esp/bas light

Originally Posted by Marcocoopers
hello guys , i have a problem with my crossfire , the esp / bas light is always on , I also changed the brake pedal switch, but I have not solved anything .
how can I do?
Have any codes been set?

Old 08-13-2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Have any codes been set?
diagnostic tool that should be used? I was in two workshops and the two mechanics had a diagnostic tool "brain bee b - touch9000 " and this tool only sees the engine errors .

Old 08-13-2016, 06:14 PM

Had same issue, used auto dealer replaced with a used Yaw rate sensor and that resolved issue.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:29 PM

Have any codes been set?
Originally Posted by Rpaczan
Had same issue, used auto dealer replaced with a used Yaw rate sensor and that resolved issue.
where yaw sensor ?

Old 08-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Got to caution about just throwing parts at it. Get a decent OBDII code reader and do some homework. Many find another forum member and delve into it with help (the member to find would be able to read codes/help with a repair). If it is beyond your ability, then your at the mercy of a mechanic.

Old 08-16-2016, 12:29 PM

One more happy Crossfire owner here love this car! But this ESP/BAS warning light are driving me crazy…

Have changed the brake light switch but still has problem. Both the warning lights of broken bulb and the BAS ESP lamp is on. But usually it is the bulb warning light which is the first warning lights on. This can suddenly arise when I drive the car on the road without me even press the brake pedal. Bulb warning lights is on and the next time I use the brake the lovley ESP/BAS lights is on to. And now there is no brake light and no cruse control. This can also arise directly when I start the car,.

Get around the problem by pulling out the brake light fuse and do the reset by turning the steering wheel fully to the left and then right and back to the center again, but this don´t work any more. Now when I pull out the fuse the ESP/BAS light is gone but warning light for bulb is on and as soon as I touch the brake pedal that damn ESP/BAS light is on to…

Anyone have any idea what this problem is? Have ordered a OBCII scanner so will see if there are any error codes.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by dantheman13
One more happy Crossfire owner here love this car! But this ESP/BAS warning light are driving me crazy…

Have changed the brake light switch but still has problem. Both the warning lights of broken bulb and the BAS ESP lamp is on. But usually it is the bulb warning light which is the first warning lights on. This can suddenly arise when I drive the car on the road without me even press the brake pedal. Bulb warning lights is on and the next time I use the brake the lovley ESP/BAS lights is on to. And now there is no brake light and no cruse control. This can also arise directly when I start the car,.

Get around the problem by pulling out the brake light fuse and do the reset by turning the steering wheel fully to the left and then right and back to the center again, but this don´t work any more. Now when I pull out the fuse the ESP/BAS light is gone but warning light for bulb is on and as soon as I touch the brake pedal that damn ESP/BAS light is on to…

Anyone have any idea what this problem is? Have ordered a OBCII scanner so will see if there are any error codes.
Your symptoms indicate a faulty wheel speed sensor I do believe. An OBDII scanner should find this.
The lack of cruise control is the indicator.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:18 PM

Your symptoms indicate a faulty wheel speed sensor I do believe. An OBDII scanner should find this.
I have a scanner ELM327 obd2 and I only reads engine errors , you can tell me which program to use ?

Old 08-16-2016, 11:14 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah you'll have to find someone with a scanner that can look into that system, look for a good independent shop and pay them to at least scan it. It could be a wheel speed sensor (as mentioned) or the Yaw rate sensor.

Ironically this very night (8/16/16) Wheeler Dealers (TV show) had this exact issue on an SKL 230 they were working on. Ed had to get a bloke in (and pay him) to scan for the correct fault. It was the Yaw rate sensor, the bloke happened to have one in his truck, Ed bought it and installed it, problem solved.

NOTE: If you disable the BAS ESP system by disconnecting it at the fusible link (under the hood), this also disables the brake lights, as in they don't work. I don't know if this is the case with a malfunctioning BAS ESP system. You may want to check.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:07 AM

THX for the answer! :-)

Hope the OBDII scanner will give me a hint off what the problem is. But a bit strange, could at faulty wheel speed sensor make the warning light for light outage indicator that lights up first and then when I press the brake the ESP/BAS light is on to after that?

Old 08-17-2016, 11:36 AM

THX for the answer! :-)

Hope the OBDII scanner will give me a hint off what the problem is. But a bit strange, could at faulty wheel speed sensor make the warning light for light outage indicator that lights up first and then when I press the brake the ESP/BAS light is on to after that?
what instrument you purchased for scanning ?

Old 09-18-2016, 11:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My esp bas light comes on sporadically after I drive for awhile. Any ideas or go straight to To the obd2 scanner? The forum recommendations especially onehundred80 have been spot on. Thanks all.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2016, 02:59 AM

On my Crossfire there was no codes from the OBDII scanner. But I discover that the nr 2 interior fuse (brake lamp/Speed control) has a bad connection. I pull out the fuse bit and wiggle it and the brake light starts working again. Is there a fix for getting a better connection? Now it works but sometime it loose its connection and I have to move the fuse to get the brake light to work again.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:04 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

On my Crossfire there was no codes from the OBDII scanner. But I discover that the nr 2 interior fuse (brake lamp/Speed control) has a bad connection. I pull out the fuse bit and wiggle it and the brake light starts working again. Is there a fix for getting a better connection? Now it works but sometime it loose its connection and I have to move the fuse to get the brake light to work again.

It might be possible to remove the lamp control module and inspect the inside connections to that fuse clips.

IF, and I mean if, you tried to 'encourage' the fuse clips to 'better grab' the fuse 'pins' (and that did not work), I would suspect a loose connection where a wire connects to those 'clips' inside the module. I am not sure you can access the interior of the lamp module, so maybe more experienced 'ICM' module tinkerers can chime in? Good luck!

Old 09-19-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
It might be possible to remove the lamp control module and inspect the inside connections to that fuse clips.

IF, and I mean if, you tried to 'encourage' the fuse clips to 'better grab' the fuse 'pins' (and that did not work), I would suspect a loose connection where a wire connects to those 'clips' inside the module. I am not sure you can access the interior of the lamp module, so maybe more experienced 'ICM' module tinkerers can chime in? Good luck! .
I tried to access the interior of the Illumination Control Module also known simply as the light switch and failed. However I have seen Rudy access the interior in the parking lot of a Marriott Hotel.
He was fixing the switch which had fuse problems, a clip which held the fuse had been bent and no longer held the fuse securely at all. He fixed it and voila the fuse fitted and the circuit was complete.
So, look at the fuse holder and see if it is bent and giving you an iffy connection. Also see that the plugs on the wires at the back of the switch are on securely and snapped into place, I sold my first Crossfire and the new owner phoned me with a light out condition, I remembered taking the switch out to use it for the inspection of my US specification SRT, I told him to see if the plug was on tight, it wasn't and that fixed his problem.