Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Front and Rear Shocks identical?

Old 11-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front and Rear Shocks identical?

I'm a little confused, are the front and rear shocks on our cars identical? Ive been looking for some replacement shocks lately and I always get different results. Some sites have them where the front and rear seem to be identical and other sites have them to where they seem to be different..... HELP!

Old 11-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Default Re: Front and Rear Shocks identical?

Originally Posted by stz561
I'm a little confused, are the front and rear shocks on our cars identical? Ive been looking for some replacement shocks lately and I always get different results. Some sites have them where the front and rear seem to be identical and other sites have them to where they seem to be different..... HELP!
On the SRT they are different lengths, so I would imagine that the NA is similar.
Edit.
Front shock is 5096749AA
Rear shock is 5096751AA

SRT shocks, for sale. CLICK

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-30-2016 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Front and Rear Shocks identical?

Originally Posted by stz561
The front shocks are aprox. 1 inch longer. One thing I have noticed when I installed Koni shocks is that they were a bit longer than the OE shocks without ill effects so you will find differences when going to different shock manufacturers