Wheels, Brakes, Tires and Suspension Open discussion for tires/rims/lowering springs/brakes etc...

Need to Reset TPMS

Old 02-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to Reset TPMS

About 6 months ago, I had my tires replaced. Discount Tire broke one of the TPMs in a rear tire and explained to me that they couldn't get their computer to reset my TPMS to accept the new monitor. I finally today got around to taking it to Rockie Williams Dodge/Chrysler to have it fixed (at Discount Tire's expense) but they could not get their computer to communicate with the Crossfire. Any suggestions?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Need to Reset TPMS

My "computer" wont communicate with my Crossfire either.. But if I had a DRBIII system WITH the crossfire card it shouldn't be an issue.. is that what they tried with?

Old 02-22-2017, 04:15 PM

I would imagine not. They made a loose reference to all of their equipment being new and unable to communicate with the Crossfire platform.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well sounds like it's time to call around.. hopefully a dealer within 200 miles DOES have the system..

Old 02-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by smokey847
About 6 months ago, I had my tires replaced. Discount Tire broke one of the TPMs in a rear tire and explained to me that they couldn't get their computer to reset my TPMS to accept the new monitor. I finally today got around to taking it to Rockie Williams Dodge/Chrysler to have it fixed (at Discount Tire's expense) but they could not get their computer to communicate with the Crossfire. Any suggestions?
I had same problem when I took it to Palmer Chrysler/Dodge in Atlanta. Their tech determined I had a broken wire to the OBDii port. After fixing the wire, the DRBIII tool would communicate and they were able to run the TPMS relearn.

Old 02-26-2017, 02:50 PM

Got it. I spent an hour and a half yesterday at another dealer who also said they could not get their "computer" to communicate with the TPMS Module. I didn't have the time to have them start tearing through the dash to isolate the problem. Wonder if that is a common problem, Rpaczan?

Old 02-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's common...however, assuming that there's not an issue with the DRBii then the OBD port wiring might be the next logical step. Since you went to two dealers, would assume it's in your wiring. It could be a bad ECU I suppose too. I believe the port only had two screws holding it in and in my case they identified and fixed the broken wire in less than 30 minutes. The broken wire was right behind the port. Also, they didn't charge anything extra beyond the $110 TPMS reset fee. Once the computer is communicating it's a 5 minute process.

One thing to note, generic scan tools would work on mine with the broken wire and the week before I got my emissions done too. The broken wire must have been something specific to the car and the DRBii scan tool.

Last edited by Rpaczan; 02-27-2017 at 11:26 AM.