WTB - Items/Parts Wanted to Buy - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Wanted, Wrecked SRT6 for Road Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2016, 10:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wanted, Wrecked SRT6 for Road Racing

I'm interested in a wrecked SRT6 car that has undamaged suspension, and drivetrain, and repairable, minimal unit body damage that can be repaired to look good enough to road race. I don't need any interior components. I intend to strip the car down to basics, and I'm pretty sure that I can compete with almost anything on tje track, if I can get it down to 2,600 to 2,700 pounds. If you have something that might work holler at me. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2016, 10:58 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: Wanted, Wrecked SRT6 for Road Racing

how much are u willing to pay,,,if I drive it to you,,no damage ,175000 miles. new tires I mean NEW. runs great ,,needs ac repaired, and that is it.
USAF 64 to 68 jim

Old 11-01-2016, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by amx1397
how much are u willing to pay,,,if I drive it to you,,no damage ,175000 miles. new tires I mean NEW. runs great ,,needs ac repaired, and that is it.
USAF 64 to 68 jim
Well that's a lot of miles on the engine to put on the race track in full tune, and run hard. I'm a very competitive driver, and I run them hard, and I don't really want to have to go through the engine, but I might if the price was right. The AC will get stripped out of the car, along with every other non-essential item.

You're the seller, what do you think it's worth? What color is your car?

Thanks,
Robert Andrew

Old 11-01-2016, 06:30 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Did you decide against having Rudy drop the V8 in it Jim ?

Old 11-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Did you decide against having Rudy drop the V8 in it Jim ?
not yet but if i can sell this one and get a roadster (for the v8) I would do that.

Old 11-01-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Andrew
Well that's a lot of miles on the engine to put on the race track in full tune, and run hard. I'm a very competitive driver, and I run them hard, and I don't really want to have to go through the engine, but I might if the price was right. The AC will get stripped out of the car, along with every other non-essential item.

You're the seller, what do you think it's worth? What color is your car?

Thanks,
Robert Andrew
I am not selling the car I am offering the car to you if it meets your needs then we are both happy.
you ask for a wreaked car,,, not good for the track you know.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:26 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Hate to say it, but Jim is right. Wrecked on these cars means wrecked. Body is so rigid, that if it is tweaked, then it might be hard to fix, and parts are hard to find when it comes to the body. Make ole' Jim an offer. I would like to see him in roadster V-8...lol. Most wrecked SRT6's are parted out almost immediately for some reason. I can't remember one for sale as a whole other than a flood car awhile back....and you don't want a flood car... Another thing is when stripping, I would think there would be a few miles of wiring having been behind the dash and fire wall on mine. Pulling out the seats, and stripping all you can strip, I think 5-600 lbs is possible.

Old 11-12-2016, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got one I may be willing to part with. I bought it from this forum, lightly wrecked in rear. It needed a hatch, spoiler, and bumper. You can search JesseJamesSrt in the forum and find his for sale ad and all of the mods and repairs he has done.

I bought it to use as a fun daily driver while I had a temporary longer commute for some training my employer sent me to. I've enjoyed it, and it served its purpose well. I'll be building a house soon and it wouldn't hurt to sell this and finish my Jeep Wagoneer LSX swap before I have to move.

I repaired the car with factory black hatch, spoiler, and bumper. It has not had any paint work done.

It has all of the mods, fully height adjustable ground control suspension, data logging setup, numerous extras, new tires (still needs alignment), etc. Runs and drives great.

PM me if interested. I bought the car at a very reasonable price, fixed it myself, and I'm not trying to profit. Just free up the cash to put into the Jeep or the new house. Don't have to sell, but I'd consider it. My plan all along was use it for commuting until this training was done, and then autocross it. Perfect car for that!

Attached Thumbnails Wanted, Wrecked SRT6 for Road Racing-img_20161014_171144.jpg   Wanted, Wrecked SRT6 for Road Racing-img_20161015_111304.jpg  
Old 11-14-2016, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wondering if this would be an option (no affiliation):

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Base | used cars & trucks | London | Kijiji

Old 12-16-2016, 06:54 PM

Well, mission accomplished. ShawnQ and I have made a deal. Thanks for your help, Crossfire Forum members. I'll be burning up the road course tracks next summer, making us Crossfire owners proud. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone! So far my wife isn't beating on me to sell one of the other Crossfire SRT6s.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Robert its great to see you on the forum. Hope all is well with you and your family. This is Pat we met at CAA 6, I was the demolition guy that had dinner with you and your wife one evening. You guys should try to make it to the "Tail of the Dragon" or the "Woodward Dream Cruise" in 2017 it would be great to see you guys again. Take care, Pat

Old 12-18-2016, 12:50 PM

Hi Pat. Its good to hear from you. I remember talking with you, and I wish that we could have stayed at CAA6, all week. Both Tail of the Dragon, and the Woodward Dream Cruise are on my list. I'm going to go road racing this year, and if I can make it to either of those two events, we will. I'll let you know, and we can meet up while we're there. Have fun, and Merry Christmas!

Old 12-18-2016, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
I am not selling the car I am offering the car to you if it meets your needs then we are both happy.
you ask for a wreaked car,,, not good for the track you know.
Thanks for your offer. Thanks for thinking of me. You have a great car, and it's certainly got all of the good mods on it. I'll bet you have surprised a lot of people with that awesome power! I was looking for a reasonably inexpensive car, that I could strip down, without feeling guilty about, and Shawn's car filled the bill. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Old 12-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Build thread please. I'll be watching and listening to see if I learn something new about our cars and how you deal with things like cooling and limited suspension travel.

Les

Old 01-07-2017, 05:42 AM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Another one has been listed on Compart.com
1C3AN79N55X051316
Not previously registered on SRT6.com

This is the third SRT6 (all hard top) listed on Compart within 5 weeks. Damage appears to be light.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:43 AM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Sorry it's Copart.com

Old 01-07-2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Another one has been listed on Compart.com
1C3AN79N55X051316
Not previously registered on SRT6.com

This is the third SRT6 (all hard top) listed on Compart within 5 weeks. Damage appears to be light.
Originally Posted by UrbanE
Sorry it's Copart.com
Thanks for the heads up on the Copart cars. I have already purchased one, which is partially raced prepped. Most of the suspension and engine work was done, and this weekend I'm removing the interior and designing the roll cage. I'll race it in NASA ST2 class road racing in the Central Division. The first race is April 7 & 8, at Gateway, near St. Louis. Corvettes seem to dominate this class, with some Porches and BMWs in the running too. Hopefully I can show them there's another competitive car out there, and make us Crossfire owners proud. I fully intend to win some races, but I'll have a bunch of fun if I don't. I finished third out of 38 cars in the Lake Garnett Grand Prix, behind a new Z06 Corvette and a race prepped Lotus Exige, in my bone stock SRT6 Coupe, on street tires, and even though I'll be running with a bunch od dedicated road racers, I think the race prepped Crossfire will be competitive, if I'm a good enough driver. We will soon find out if a 68 yeard old dog can run with the big dogs:-)

Old 01-07-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Build thread please. I'll be watching and listening to see if I learn something new about our cars and how you deal with things like cooling and limited suspension travel.

Les
Hi Les. The car I was lucky to find was partially race prepped by Jesse James, a former forum member, so most of the engine and suspension work has already been done. I'm working on lightening up the car to get it at the top of my Super Touring 2 power to weight ratio, allowed in my class; and add the required safety gear, like a roll cage, five point restraint, window net, right side head restraint net, competition seat, onboard fire extinguisher, transponder, data logger, 18" wheels, DOT race tires, exhaust system.

I'm not usually patient enough to maintain a build thread, but I'll try to take a few pictures along the way. I run a business that is blessed with a lot of work, and that requires 12 hours a day M-F, plus some time on the weekends, so building my car consumes what little waking time I have left. I appreciate your interest though. There are lots of much more knowledgeable guys on the forum than I am, that can provide much more expertise. There is someone on here that knows everything about optimizing every aspect Crossfire performance. A bunch of REALLY smart guys!