View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
CrossTexas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlamp condensation - under warranty

I became the proud new (2nd) owner of my 2004 Limited Coupe this past week. Everything about the car is perfect, except for the hazy/foggy headlamp lenses. Seeing that other owners have reported the same problem, I wanted to post some info about my situation that my help current and future Forum members.

One great thing about my Coupe is that I have about 18 months of the original warranty remaining. Armed with that info and the specific TSB number for the headlamp issue -
04-043-04 HEADLAMP CONDENSATION 2004-12-18 - I went to a local Chrysler dealership here in N. Texas this morning.

Without even looking at the car or the condition of the lenses, the Service Manager set up an appointment to this Wednesday to replace both headlamp housings and lenses. No charge.

This was a real lesson to me in the value of Forums such as this one. Its only because of previous posting on this topic, on this Forum, that I even knew about the TSB. I hope that sharing my experience will help someone else. Bottom line: check your warranty and know what you are entitled to.

I'll keep you posted after the repair is made.