View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Stogey
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A Rare Glimpse of the SR-71 Blackbird

Originally Posted by Cincinnati Slim
There is almost certainly an operational spy plane to replace the SR-71. Top Secret stuff but there are a LOT of credible reports of strange super fast mysterious delta shaped planes zooming around Nevada/Utah/Idaho Sky's. I've seen some mighty interesting pictures of "beads on a string" contrails left by SOMETHING with some kind of a pulse detonation engine. Satellites can't do EVERYTHING, FOR SOME THINGS YOU NEED A SPY PLANE !

You can bet the Air Force wouldn't cancel the SR-71 unless they had SOMETHING to replace it ! (your tax dollars at work... )

Cheers,

Slim
Ha ! Ain't that the truth ! (your tax dollars at work... )

Actually I believe the ole U2 is still in service for stop gap measures or unmanned drones, when satellites are unavailable. As for the "soap on a rope" contrails, the "Aurora" is supposely the newest project outta Area 51. I've actually witnessed one flyin over West Texas near Abilene while on a hunting trip years back. Though flyin too high to only make out a spec in the sky, the contrail left behind by the " Pulse Jet " engine was spectacular !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_aircraft

Just my Dos Centavos !

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
donuts.jpeg (158.8 KB, 72 views)

Last edited by Stogey; 04-03-2008 at 10:50 AM.