View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
matthewdavid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 303 Protectant VS Armor All

I wouldn't use Armor All on my toilet plunger. The stuff is TERRIBLE! I had a 2001 VW Jetta VR6, and it caused the rubberized plastics to peel in a very short amount of time (maybe this was the pre-reformulated version of Armor All I was using). Prior to that car, none of my cars had this rubberized coating on the plastics, so I suppose it was never an issue. I have noticed, however, that some of the plastics on all the cars that I've maintained religiously from day one are cracking to hell and back (decades of Armor All application). In 2007, when I purchased my "new" SRT SSB Roadster, I solicited the help of forum members because I knew with all the rubberized plastics that I had to be extremely careful. Golfdude helped me tremendously in this regard. He introduced me to autogeek.net and the wonderful world of "upscale" protectorants. I use water based products from Pinnacle and Wolfgang, and I won't even go near the plastics with anything containing silicon or petroleum distillates. It's been a year now of weekly washings and detailing, and I can honestly say that I believe my interior is in better shape than when I got the car at 13 miles (of course it had been sitting in the sun for two years prior to my taking possession). I hope this helps. Thanks again Golfdude!!

Matthew