View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 04:25 PM
jlindsey86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAS ESP light. What exactly is it?

I just bought by Xfire 1 week and a day ago. It is very low mileage, (7,015), when I bought it. It now has 8,700 as I have been on a couple of road trips over the week. Everything seems to be great with the car. It looks new inside and out and seems to drive like a new car. Periodically however the BAS ESP light will come on. Some times it is right after the car has been started, other times I can drive for 300 miles or more before it comes on, and at other times it never comes on at all. Another thing I have noticed is that over the course of the last week, maybe 3 or 4 times, the key will not rotate all the way to start the car. If I remove the key and insert again and rotate the car starts right up.

I did a search and found one guy who had replaced some fuses and fixed the problem. I guess what I am asking is this a problem at all. What is the BAS ESP light? I have reset the car by turning the steering wheel and the light goes off, however it will come back on sometime later. Am I looking at repairs here?