View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:03 PM
32krazy!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Loss of Power Question

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
I don't think replacing your H/E should be any sort of the first like 8 steps to fix the problem...

replacing the H/E while still having the problem is like an ugly woman wearing too much make up...sure the make up may make her looks good, but underneath she is still ugly.

Stock H/E is fine for a stock SRT6 and the improvement you will see is minimal....on an otherwise stock car.

definately once modifications start going in you should replace it in some form.

but for now, burp the system, make sure the polarity is correct, replace the fuse (fuse #15 i think), and then move forward from there.
i have to disagree with this statement. my slk32 was bone stock and the pump failed. after replacing it with the cm30 my issues were resolved until the temps hit the mid 90's in tn. s/c was cutting out after 1 burnout and a single 1/4 mile run. after installing the supercooler from tighed1 i cna burn the tires off run 1/4's and extended interstate blasts in excess of 140 mph with ZERO issues.
after following all of woody's threads on this issue it is crystal clear that the oem h/e is to small and coupled with an inferior pump will cook the s/c in all but the coolest of climates.
while the supercooler mod may not be the first step in fixing this issue it should be considered a first mod and some of the best $ spent

juts my .02 and experience

Last edited by 32krazy!; 07-01-2009 at 04:06 PM.