View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:26 AM
ALady
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm system problem!

Today I had my first real problem with my 2005 roadster. I tried to unlock the door with the key fab, and the car did not respond. I figured the battery was bad in the fob, so I got my spare. It didn't work either. I tried using the key to unlock the door, but that set off the alarm, so of course the engine cuts out too. So I had the car towed to the dealership, and they told me that the security module needed to be replaced at the tune of 600 dollars. AND that it would take 4-5 business days to get the part. So I get a rental car, and hours later, I return to the dealership to get something out of my crossfire. They had taken the crossfire to their back lot (I guess to store until the parts came in), and I noticed a large gap between the back hood and the convertible top. So the "mechanic helper" comes with the key fob, and unlocks the car with the fob! Tail lights flash, and bingo, the car is unlocked. I was shocked! So I took the key, started the engine, all was fine.....except for the convertible top. I figured someone had not raised the top properly, and went to open the trunk to lift the trunk divider, and the trunk would not open, it seemed to be stuck. At that point I was confused! After talking to the service manager, he did not seem to know what was going on, and I don't know what to do now. The mechanic that works on the crossfires was gone for the day so I was unable to talk to him, At this point, I'm thinking that a wire or something was loose, and the take down to find out what was wrong fixed the problem, or do I really need to spend 600 dollars for a new module.

ANY input would be greatly appreciated!