View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Learnin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Alarm system problem!

Originally Posted by Blast Chamber
Learnin, I'll take a shot at answering your questions, although I'm far from being an expert.....

1. The alarm is activated 10 seconds after you lock the car using the FOB. It's automatic.

2. In the roadster with the top down, the alarm will be triggered if someone attempts to open the doors by reaching inside and pulling the door handles, or tries to open the hood or trunk. If they try going into the center console or glovebox the alarm will also sound. Of course, with the top up the alarm will sound if the doors or trunklid are forcibly jimmied open. The alarm will also sound if the car is raised for unauthorized towing, unless the tow-away switch has been pushed to deactivate.

3. The blinking light on the tow-away switch means the security alarm is armed as described above.

Also, the alarm will sound if either or both battery cables are disconnected while the car is locked and the system is armed. No need to ask how I know that one.
Thanks for this info, Blast Chamber. I appreciate it. How does one shut the alarm off if it is triggered? Or does it go off automatically after a few minutes?