Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Mike-in-Orange
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: How in hell do you stick anything to the dash?!

Originally Posted by Toddy
Mike, I'm not talking about glue or any sort of dash-damaging adhesive. I don't know where you get that from in my original post. I'd never do anything like that or screws, etc. Posted here to avoid that.

I'm talking about a plain old non-destructive two-way mounting tape or whatever--that works. I have nothing on the dash at all. I'm just wondering how some people here did mount discs for GPS units in places like on the front of the glove compartment. See it in some pics, but I try that and it just falls off. Tried three different suction cup models, from the Garmin to Scosche to no-name eBay crap. Won't stay on the windshield more than a couple of minutes when moving. Work fine in my two other cars.

Probably going to go with this:

Pro.Fit Legend Series Vehicle-Specific Mount Chrysler Crossfire 2004-up at Crutchfield.com

Location I like. Don't like where the ProClips thing mounts, too low for me.
The thought of sticking any sort of adhesive on the dash is just something I would never even consider. Anything that will come off super easy and clean isn't going to leave the dash totally unmarred, and any adhesive baking in the sun is going to play havoc over time. I know you weren't going to drill into the dash or anything like that (but you should see some of the crazy things I've seen people do to really nice cars) but I just can't imagine any sort of adhesive on my dash.