Old 10-09-2010, 01:07 AM
greenlightracer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel Injection Service... worth the price at the dealer?

I'd love to do this by myself, and I had even cleaned my VW's injectors by adding the seafoam right to the vacuum line (huge amounts of white smoke ensued) but alas I just moved into an apartment complex that doesn't allow working of cars in the lot. I tried. I got in trouble lol.

I'm having a really intermittent stumbling problem and a somewhat intermittent hesitation problem... the dealer can't find anything wrong with it although they did feel the hesitation. It's pretty annoying and really souring the whole Crossfire experience for me its been doing this since I bought the car in April. Normally I'd do some more diagnostic work on my own, but like I said I can't. The dealer recommended the cleaning. I'm getting the fuel filter replaced this week as well (along with four new tires, an alignment, a coolant & oil change, a new cabin filter, a new foglight and an interior and exterior detailing... yeah my wallet will be a lot lighter by Friday )

Edit: I've also cleaned my VW's throttle body.. I'm a pretty competent shade tree mechanic... just in my current situation I have to rely on getting work professionally done.

Last edited by greenlightracer; 10-09-2010 at 01:10 AM.