View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 PM
bwagner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading the first reply on this I went and got 600 and 1000 grid. Started with 600 and and finished with the 1000. Use the sealant that came with the kit I had bought that didn't work. They look good until the sealant drys out. Then the look all hazy again. I'm about ready to just replace the damn things.

Originally Posted by Erichenderson02
Mine were getting pretty bad so I went for the sandpaper method as well.

600 grit wet sanded the entire lens, (even the parts that weren't bad, just so that it was all even). Mine still had a lot of the factory clearcoat on it, so it was a bit of a chore.

After the 600 I went over the lens again with 2000 grit wet sandpaper, and then rubbed Meguiar's PlastX HARD into the surface. They came out good, but have hazed up since (I didn't wax or anything after).

I'm planning on trying to locate 3000 grit sandpaper or something and redoing them again, this time with some different plastic polish. But the result is still WAY better than the yellow/crusty alternative.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the method (but there are also numerous articles on the forum about it).

-Eric