View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 AM
UK ken
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Propshaft Flexible Couplings (Donuts)

Originally Posted by Steve - UK
Ive just done some research having noticed some slight cracking in the rubber Flexible Coupling (or donut) at the rear end of the propshaft. The front coupling is fine probably because it runs in - line where as the rear one takes some more flexing as the rear supension moves. Having checked out the MB info on this it seems that some SLK's have had failures of the part with catastrophic results so worth checking and changing if any signs of cracking. This can be due to age/mileage or lots of hard acceleration. It seems that while the standard SLK can have this issue, the AMG versions eat these couplings for breakfast. I would recomend inspection and replacement if any signs, especially if the miles are creeping up, and even more so on SRT models as mine has done 33K and last only owner was a lady! The MB part numbers are different for standard SLK and AMG as the more powerfull car version is much more beefed up. AMG version is part number 203 410 0215 £79.00+Vat from your local MB dealer.

First time I've seen this info re xfire pending trouble.

A big thanks Steve....my round next time we meet.

UKKen.