Thread: Spider cracks
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 07:40 PM
JEFASOLD
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Spider cracks

Originally Posted by BEATv1
okay doing a bit of research already and need a bit of advice. im a mechanic on the budget and because of that, make everything harder on myself but as long as it gets the job done right, im all for it. with that said, the nearest appliance store is harbor freight for me and their tools work for the amount of time i use them and are pretty cheap (although the i never buy wrenches/sockets/bits from them).

Search results for: 'compressor'
so judging from the above psi i'm assuming these compressor would work since the minimum on their catalog is 100psi? but what about the amount of hp?

Search results for: 'hvlp'
these are the guns. one's 17bucks (i dont trust it lol)

High Volume, Low Pressure Spray Gun Kit
im leaning a bit towards this. it's got good reviews from their site and for small projects, it might be ideal.

That is not an Auto paint gun, it states for stain etc. If it doesn't state the tip size, ie 1.8 1.4 1.3 etc it probably isn't meant for cars. By the way you will need at least 2 different tips to do a paint job, 1.8 for primer and 1.4 or 1.3 for color coat and clear. Spend a little more for the gun, it will give much better results. Also, I use a single stage 2HP Quincy and it is rated at 8.6 cfm at 40 psi and 7.6 at 90, that is enough capacity to do a lot of things. I have several guns but my favorite is the Concours from Eastwood which came with 2 tips. You are not going to get a decent gun for under $150 clams/

Last edited by JEFASOLD; 10-24-2014 at 07:42 PM.