Thread: Spider cracks
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 10:39 AM
BEATv1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spider cracks

first and foremost, thank you all for contributing to this post and spreading your knowledge. i've spent my last weekend helping a friend install exhaust manifold and muffler on his ninja650. then i worked on the valve cover breather gaskets and had to put her to rest for 24 hours so that killed my saturday and sunday lol

americanretrodave, i think you understand my plea and mentality. i'm not trying to paint cars but small projects, like bumpers, maybe rims and other things around the house. So finding a setup that fits my really basic needs is ideal.

JEFASOLD, it does seem like you know what you're talking about! when i get a better place and job ahaha i can spend on more expensive materials so i'm trying to keep my costs low for the mean time. maybe if i can find some preowned guns then i wont feel too bad. also doing some math, if i buy the spray gun + compressor + paint + materials + time, i would be over the maaco job of $360. by how much? i guess it depends on the things i get. ALSO, keep me updated on your bumper repaint job. i really want to see your process.

oledoc2u, thank you for the encouragement, i know im in good hands with the people at crossfireforum. i need to make new friends and annoy the heck out of them by borrowing paint guns and tools all the time! by the way, your tips about covering the garage in plastic and wet the floor is very helpful.

"I respect your opinion and I never take offense, the differing opinions are one of the best things about the forum. "
probably the most respectable thing about this forum. so rare when it comes to the internet lol