Thread: Spider cracks
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 09:55 AM
BEATv1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Spider cracks

Hello! back again for some progress...

i'm leaning towards this rig set up (bought the gun already because it was on sale black friday and couldnt pass up the offer)
spray gun: SPRAYIT-LVLP Gravity Feed Spray Gun
compressor: 8 gal. 2 HP 125 PSI Oil Lube Air Compressor
oil/air trap: HB Oil/Water Trap (id love for more suggestions because this didnt get too many rave reviews)
hose: im not sure of this one whether to get a coil or a rubber?

the LVLP needs about 3.5 to 3.9 CFM @ 30 psi and the compressor shoots 5.5 CFM @ 40 PSI. so doing math, the CFM would get higher at a lower PSI? I heard you need about 30% more for buffer so that would leave the highest numer of 3.9 CFM to ~5.07CFM @ 30 PSI maximum for the gun. that's still a lower number than the compressors specs of 5.5 @ 40 PSI. I know it's a 8gal tank but if i'm going to do small jobs, i don't necessarily need a big compressor (plus i want it to be practical in portability and space issues). if i do need to run in longer than 10-15 min, i just need to give it a rest inbetween to catch up? what is the 2HP for? usually i see this compressor setup with a lower HP and run a LVLP (ex.
]) his setup doesnt look ideal but it worked on a fence! lol i've watched all these videos of lvlp guns but they really dont walk about their setup, mainly what compressor they use https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lvlp

is this an adequate setup for basically a bumper repair?
once i have this down, it's on to learning about paint!

any more insight would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by BEATv1; 12-13-2014 at 09:58 AM.