View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:18 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts
Default Re: Center Mount Brake Light Gremlin

Originally Posted by PNA
My center mount brake light works sometimes, fully bright and sometimes dim, sometimes not at all. Two questions. Does anyone have a similar issue and know what the issue and fix is? Anyone know where to buy a new one? I've seen used on Ebay but not sure if it's fully functioning. Thanks for an assistance.

I have seen posts listing the lights cut off, half work while the other half is OK, or are dim. I also heard the solder on the LED board does the same thing that the RCM does (crack and intermittently connect). If you take the LED assembly out check all the solder points on the circuit board. Use a good powerful magnifying glass. Sounds like you are having a connection problem. Test the supply at the light before you go further, you should have a strong system voltage (compare the batt voltage while running then use the same voltmeter and have someone hit the brakes and test the hot/ground at the LED assembly before it enters the LED assembly). I cannot tell you if you have a supply voltage 'dip' or a failing solder point(s) on the circuit board. Either way, you have to first remove that trim to get at the assembly and wiring. Good luck!