Old 09-30-2015, 12:31 AM
dinasrt
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Ground Control Adjustable rear stabilizer links

Here is an old post. Don't know if this may help or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinasrt
Well, I received my swaybar links from GC a couple of days ago and tonight had a chance to check them out and pre-adjust to length. I used the 7-1/8" center to center measurement that I read from MikeR's old thread. Will try to find time to install this weekend, but here are a few observations. 1.) The links fully shortened are 5-3/4"center to center. Adjusted to my starting length of 7-1/8"center to center, there is 3/4" of thread on each end showing, and only 3/8" of thread inside both ends of the rod. Seems to me that they could have, should have, used a 5" rod instead of a 4" rod. Perhaps 3/8" of thread is adequate for the task(given that the O.E.M. link is some kind of plastic), but I would rather have seen 3/8" of thread showing, and 3/4" of thread into the rod, instead of the other way around. 2.) I had to clean out all the shavings out of one end of a rod and chase the threads. Other than that, they look good, and I look forward to improved ride performance.

Just wanted to update some info. on the sway bar links. After talking w/ Donovan @ G.C., he sent me a pair of 5" rods right away, which are a better fit IMO for those that are mildly lowered. The 5" rod creates a 6 3/4"(center to center) link at the shortest adjustment and can adjust all the way to stock length if anyone was purchasing these to replace the OEM links for any reason. The 4" rods that they originally supplied are necessary for getting down and finding the low limits. I've decided to keep the shorter rods for future lowering with their coil over conversion kit that's on my wish list.