Old 09-30-2015, 08:24 PM
dinasrt
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Ground Control Adjustable rear stabilizer links

It's been awhile since I did all that. I'm pretty sure that I ended up with 7" or 7-1/8". All our cars are slightly different from one another with all the variables, and we'll all have a different adjustment. It all depends how much you're lowered. The goal is to be static; with no load on the bar(or just a very slight bit) when car is sitting level. To answer your questions; IIRC MikeR started at 6-7/8" and ended up at 7-1/8". I have dot3 pads, cut SRT6 springs(1/2 coil), Koni sport shocks, K-Mac camber kit front and rear, and Ground Control stab.bar end links. Sorry, but I never measured before and after ride height. I went only 1/2 coil because I was wanting to avoid any possible rubbing issues; but I may cut another 1/4 someday when I have nothing but time on my hands.

Originally Posted by 2005 Ragtop
Dinasrt,
This from Mike R's thread "I set the links for 6 7/8" which is 1" shorter than the factory links". I believe the nylon OEM links were measured at 7.8 inches in length
And then this from your response..."I used the 7-1/8" center to center measurement that I read from MikeR's old thread".
So naturally I 'm baffled and confused (a naturally occurring state) as to which initial adjustment length is correct/works ??/