View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 03:18 PM
dedwards0323
Received 520 Likes on 414 Posts
Default Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

Received the Recall/Repair notice from FCA in today's mail. Notice clearly states that you either:

1) Call your local CDJR dealership to schedule the repair
2) Call the FCA Recall Assistance Center so an agent can confirm part availability & schedule an appointment for the repair.
3) Visit their Recall Website and see all the available scheduling options

I would imagine that if any of us just drive up to the dealership & request the repair, the dealer could keep the car until the correct part arrived. Reduces any ongoing exposure and/or liability to FCA until the repair is completed. And as James1549 pointed out earlier, provide a loaner to drive until repair was completed. No dealer is going to keep my Crossfire overnight or longer waiting on a part.

As for me, I'll call ahead & schedule the repair per Point #2 above. I want the dealer to have the correct airbag (several colors are required to fulfill this recall) in stock so when I show up it really can be repaired while I wait. No dealer is going to keep a bunch of different colored airbags in their inventory to fulfill this recall. They will order parts as needed; when needed.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-11-2017 at 03:22 PM.