View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 03:54 PM
dedwards0323
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts
Default Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

Just got off the phone with FCA Recall Assistance Center (1-800-853-1403). An agent by the name Sarah assisted with scheduling the driver-side airbag recall/repair on my 2007 Coupe. She identified 2 dealers near me, the closest being Big O CDJR on the south side of Greenville. I told her that this dealership never sold Crossfires, having inherited the Chrysler Jeep dealership when Chrysler consolidated several years ago. I requested that this dealership not perform the work.

She then identified Benson CDJR on the northern side of Greenville and asked if that dealership was acceptable. I said yes - they originally sold Crossfires and would be more familiar with servicing the vehicle. (Hope my assumption holds true!)

She then placed me on hold to confirm part availability and connected me with the Service Desk at Benson CDJR. Once Sarah (Sarah #1) released me, another Sarah (Sarah #2) at Benson discussed an appointment to have the airbag replaced. She confirmed that she had already talked with Parts Department and confirmed that replacement parts were available & in inventory at nearest parts center (Atlanta, GA). We selected a service date & time (02/22 @ 0830), as she indicated that they were scheduling these recall appointments about a week out. Sarah #2 told me that she would be entering the service work order today and the parts needed would be ordered from Atlanta facility. Parts Dept indicated a next day delivery. Sarah #2 also confirmed that I could wait on the car - repair would take only about an hour.

So, as long as Benson doesn't misplace the airbag ordered for my car, looks like next week I'll have this process behind me. All in all, a good experience thus far.

I recommend everyone having to do this to contact that FCA Recall Assistance Center. This is Chrysler's issue - they should play a major role in getting it scheduled for repair.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-13-2017 at 05:31 PM.