View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 11:33 AM
amx1397
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: U-joint replaced around $100.00

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Now I am completely confused, nowhere in the first post does it say that the shaft is replaced, then we are told that it is replaced because the parts are pinned together, then we are told that someone has a pinning tool, and assume it is not replaced.
First you cannot buy a u-joint then you can. I assume the u-joint is pinned to stop it flying apart and having the shafts smash around.
Very in Canada.
The shaft in the picture looks like it has had seven shades of ***** beaten out of it and is only fit for scrap.
A one piece shaft would mean that the flex joints see more work, I see them as a bit flaky anyway and thus they would need replacement sooner.
don't be confused, for the last 5 years i have been told we couldn't replace the u-joint,,which means buy a new or used driveshaft,, now i found a guy that can replace the u-joint, I still don't know where to get this u-joint, i have tried over 15 shops, and just as many auto parts stores and on line with NO LUCK. My guy says he can get it.

you get your driveshaft back still balanced just with a new u-joint

in the pic is the way it came out of the car and yes the center bearing rubber boot was gone and the shaft came loose at around 60mph, banging like no end, we all have been there before, the driveshaft is not hurt,not scrap. when it gets it new u-joint it will go 10.55 at 130 just like it did before. are u still confused?