Thread: Resetting TPMS
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 10:00 AM
zero4crossfire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mind bogglingly simple tpms tutorial derived from first hand knowledge, not 'beliefs'

MIND BOGGLINGLY SIMPLE OWNER'S TPMS TUTORIAL:
I have an 04 coupe and 05 convertible and KNOW how to deal with this from FIRST HAND, HANDS ON, PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, DIY, DID IT MYSELF, DID NOT 'TAKE IT IN' OR HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR ME.
If you want to avoid ever having to go to the dealer to program in a replacement TPMS sensor (unless you have an actual or emulator DBRIII scanner and software) just do this THIS WEEK WITHOUT FAIL:
If your TPMS light is not illuminated after driving, you have it made ! But, you need to record the serial numbers of all 4 sensors while their batteries are still good. You'll need to invest in a scan tool which will read all the individual serial numbers. Then, record which serial numbers correspond to which wheel positions.
So, when your TPMS light eventually comes on, which is a certainty, and if the tire pressures are still correct, it means one of the sensors has finally failed. Use your scan tool to determine which sensor is no longer reporting and verify that the other three sensors still are reporting.
Using the serial number from the failed sensor which you smartly recorded, get a new programmable sensor, program in the serial number from the failed sensor, install the new 'clone' sensor and the car's computer will recognize it as one of the serial numbers programmed in when the car was made and after driving for a half hour or so the TPMS light will turn itself off.