CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   Crossfire Sightings - TV, Movies, News, etc. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/43957-crossfire-sightings-tv-movies-news-etc.html)

jlseagull 01-03-2007 03:07 AM

Crossfire sightings on TV

I've seen the X-fire used in two television series. Calleigh from CSI Miami (the pretty blond southern girl) has driven hers a few times in the show. Also, Lincoln Burroughs Prison Break 'borrows' a Crossfire for a few episodes...Any other sightings?

eikon 01-03-2007 10:04 AM

Re: Crossfire sightings on TV

I too saw the Crossfires in those shows.

Since production units usual get there cars from the auto makers (to help promote the cars) it is strange that DC would provide them with a car that they are not going to make.

thegoalie 01-04-2007 02:48 PM

Lincoln had a lot of fun with that Crossfire, too. He kept playing with the spoiler. Sometimes it was up at slow speeds, sometimes it was down! :p

No Warning Shot 01-04-2007 06:10 PM

Have any of you ever seen the sci-fi movie "The Island"? It's set in the future and when they go to the city, it seems like every car is either a Crossfire or a 300c.

thegoalie 01-05-2007 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by No Warning Shot
Have any of you ever seen the sci-fi movie "The Island"? It's set in the future and when they go to the city, it seems like every car is either a Crossfire or a 300c.

Really? I saw The Island before I bought my Crossfire, so they weren't exactly on my radar at the time. I'm going to re-watch the city scenes now and take a look!

woody 01-07-2007 01:21 PM

The best source I have found for finding specific vehicles in films is IMCDb.org, its a bit like an automotive version of the IMDb.

Here's the Crossfire page:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?ma...odel=crossfire

MMZ_TimeLord 01-07-2007 02:21 PM

I just spotted a Crossfire on an older episode of Mythbusters that was re-ran.

It was at the db Drag Races in Florida.

HDDP 01-07-2007 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
I just spotted a Crossfire on an older episode of Mythbusters that was re-ran.

It was at the db Drag Races in Florida.

Welcome back... How was your trip across country ?

04xfirecoupe 01-23-2007 01:00 AM

Oh, I never noticed that there was a Crossfire in Crash, awesome. I was at the movies the other night seeing The Hitcher, and I swear I saw one in a preview before the movie, I don't remember what movie it was though. :(

RPM 01-23-2007 01:35 PM

Just watched the awful movie 'Monster in Law' last night (believe me, it wasn't my pick). Anyway, in one scene there is a reception at a mansion, on the street in front of the house sits a red Crossfire hardtop.

That is the only film sighting I have so far.

blk04xfire 01-27-2007 11:30 PM

In "Cry Wolf" there is a black crossfire coupe in the parking lot at the end of the movie that was the teacher's car.

Ausfire 01-29-2007 07:02 PM

In "Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift" the Crossfire first appears when the chain on the gates to the new housing estate are cut. The Crossfire is the first car through the gates. Then it is shown again, as per the link provided, at the end of that race.

thegoalie 01-30-2007 10:55 AM

I was at WALMART looking at their automotive products, and a bottle of cheapo car wash soap had a Crossfire on the label.

Emthusiast 01-30-2007 01:38 PM

Some movie on Hallmark has a Aero SRT6 Roadster. All the other cars were Chryslers.

FP 03-31-2007 11:14 AM

I recently watched the movie "Spanglish" on the plane while traveling. At the beginning of the movie, during the introduction there is a red coupe Crossfire. A shot from the back. No crossfires in the actual movie.

CrossfireLTD 03-31-2007 01:51 PM

I have the original 24" x 36" movie poster from Cry Wolf it has a SSB Coupe on it. :cool:

RPM 04-12-2007 01:38 PM

Last night I saw a commercial for Mutual of Omaha.
A young man is talking about his father buying a life insurance policy (or something) for his midlife crisis. He is going on about how his dad should be enjoying life. He then looks out the window and his dad is pulling up in a Red Crossfire Roadster. He then goes outside and there's another shot of the car. Pretty cool.

nascarhq 04-12-2007 01:45 PM

the art work for the new "liberty tower" at ground zero has a xf in it.

FP 04-12-2007 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by RPM
Last night I saw a commercial for Mutual of Omaha.
A young man is talking about his father buying a life insurance policy (or something) for his midlife crisis. He is going on about how his dad should be enjoying life. He then looks out the window and his dad is pulling up in a Red Crossfire Roadster. He then goes outside and there's another shot of the car. Pretty cool.

I just saw that commercial. :D

BillP2R 04-13-2007 12:46 AM

There is a late night infomercial for one of those get rich quick at home schemes that shows one of their success stories enjoying the good life, including a Crossfire convertible.

- Bill