All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 11-06-2018, 04:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I've never changed that O-ring either. Didn't know there was even an O-ring up there. Never took the assembly apart. I just replaced the other O-rings, slid a new fleece filter onto the shaft, made sure it was seated properly and re-installed the filter assembly. Always torqued the cap to proper setting. Would be curious to know what risk we're taking by not changing the #4 O-ring. Does the shaft just pull out of the cap?

did not know that...for the past 14 years, I've changed only 2, 3 and 5 ...thanks for the info...Carl

Old 11-06-2018, 06:21 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Valk
Installed some new headlight bulbs today.
The passenger side burnt out so I replaced them both.

Edited to rate these here:

I had OEM bulbs before and contrary to some of the reviews I have read I can truly see the difference in light output from these !!!
Much brighter and Whiter than OEM Halogen H7 Bulbs
It is said the life expectancy of these bulbs is shorter but if that is true I'll simply buy them more often and replace them as needed
I'm very satisfied with these bulbs

I unknowingly compared OEM with these against a wall, a bit brighter maybe, I did not know at the time I had two different bulbs in. I had switched both bulbs I thought and then found that I had one of each on the bench. I have some higher wattage bulbs I was going to try but never got around to it. SparkieSRT6 said they were much better. They are Osram Off Road 65 watts, illegal actually as 55 is the max legal wattage.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1)Cabin air filter replacement (15min job!!) full of crap (pics to follow!)
2)3M Gloss black wrap (about $13 on amazon.com) 1ft x 5ft roll...plenty to do a quick black vinyl wrap of windshield surround
3)Stock grill rehab...PO had sprayed it a poor quality flat black, including the chrome strips...now graphite metallic with new chrome...much better!!
4) removed and tightened the inner spring on the inside rear view mirror (5 min job)...no more sloppy mirror!

Sorry...pics will follow shortly

Mike

Last edited by dizzyspots; 12-04-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 455 Likes on 321 Posts

My Crossfire Garage for the winter months.
Irongate Motor Condos only 10 minutes from my house.

https://www.irongatemotorcondos.com/garages/
I brought it here tonight for winter storage
Climate controlled at 70 degrees all the time.
Security cameras and gates
They have Chrome & Coffee every month on the second Saturday so I’ll be here for that each month for sure.
My friend who owns the place is there often because is also his office and he owns the other cars including the SRT Roadster.
I’ll still take it out and drive it occasionally on clear dry days even in the winter

Old 11-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I upgraded my Needswings tweaked manifolds to the Needwings/Waldig crossover tweaked manifolds. Easy installation, but I went slow and steady to avoid errors. Car feels stronger and there's a deeper pleasant burble from the engine (oddly enough). I hope to get it dyne tested for A/F ratio and HP in the next couple weeks. In the meantime I'm taking it easy on the throttle. Still, it feels very strong, so I'm hopeful LOL.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 11-09-2018, 08:10 PM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

We've added another SRT6 roadster to our "fleet". The OCD (Obsessive Crossfire Disorder) continues!

It's being shipped to down to Florida for us. Hope to have it here in about 10 days . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-10-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 12:06 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Congrats Bob. Just leave some for the rest of us.

Old 11-10-2018, 06:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow nice , so how many now ?

Old 11-10-2018, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

I unknowingly compared OEM with these against a wall, a bit brighter maybe, I did not know at the time I had two different bulbs in. I had switched both bulbs I thought and then found that I had one of each on the bench. I have some higher wattage bulbs I was going to try but never got around to it. SparkieSRT6 said they were much better. They are Osram Off Road 65 watts, illegal actually as 55 is the max legal wattage.
I have the Osram off roads and they do put out a lot of light.

Old 11-10-2018, 11:12 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
Wow nice , so how many now ?
Hi Ed, Look at my signature block . . . FIVE now. Four Roadsters and One Coupe . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 11-10-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Dam & you have room for all them ! I got 3 toys & wife said enough ! Lucky you !

Old 11-11-2018, 11:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by RED DOG
We've added another SRT6 roadster to our "fleet". The OCD (Obsessive Crossfire Disorder) continues!

It's being shipped to down to Florida for us. Hope to have it here in about 10 days . . .
Congrats Bob....keep it going...Carl

Old 11-12-2018, 01:18 PM

That much more noticeable? I've been debating to have the crossovers added. I just purchased a extra set of plenums, to be sent to Rob this winter, while the Crossfire is in storage.

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Da55id
I upgraded my Needswings tweaked manifolds to the Needwings/Waldig crossover tweaked manifolds. Easy installation, but I went slow and steady to avoid errors. Car feels stronger and there's a deeper pleasant burble from the engine (oddly enough). I hope to get it dyne tested for A/F ratio and HP in the next couple weeks. In the meantime I'm taking it easy on the throttle. Still, it feels very strong, so I'm hopeful LOL.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 11-12-2018, 05:01 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Power Sedan
That much more noticeable? I've been debating to have the crossovers added. I just purchased a extra set of plenums, to be sent to Rob this winter, while the Crossfire is in storage.
It was notable. I didn't do a decibel test though...I will be checking air fuel ratio in the next couple weeks to see if the lower supercharger/manifold pressure has allowed the air fuel ratio to get a bit richer, especially at max RPM. If I get inspired, I might do a dyno run as well. If this happens I will post the results on the forum.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I started mine today. It’s been two weeks since I drove it. Weatherman says 50+ degrees next week so I’m hoping for a couple more drives before I put it away for the winter.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:25 PM

you & me both still holding on about stopping ins & putting her away !

Old 11-16-2018, 11:47 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dizzyspots
1)Cabin air filter replacement (15min job!!) full of crap (pics to follow!)
2)3M Gloss black wrap (about $13 on amazon.com) 1ft x 5ft roll...plenty to do a quick black vinyl wrap of windshield surround
3)Stock grill rehab...PO had sprayed it a poor quality flat black, including the chrome strips...now graphite metallic with new chrome...much better!!
4) removed and tightened the inner spring on the inside rear view mirror (5 min job)...no more sloppy mirror!

Sorry...pics will follow shortly

Mike
I was inspired to change my cabin air filter. I've had my 2005 for a little over a year.

I followed the instructions from mach2plus (Bob). Just about the easiest thing I've done on the Crossfire - even after having knee surgery 6 weeks ago. The old filter fell right down along with a lot of leaves, etc.

I used a Mann filter for replacement. It fit just fine but it's obviously lighter weight than the original Mercedes Benz part. Interesting photo on the Mann filter box. I guess she's German....

Old 11-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Looks German to me, I guess. Hard to tell those Germans, Danes, Poles and Swiss apart.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had right headlight and fog light go out....excellent posts on the DIY for both...seems like it took longer to get in, start the SRT6, turn the wheels to the right, and get out than to actually change and replace the bulbs...followed the headlight DIY post...maybe 5-10 min max.....the foglight ...took longer to move the flap out of the way...then it was a simple removal of the connector, a quick and easy 1/4 turn CCW and out with old and in with the new....replaced the trunk light and dome lights with LEDS while I was in the mood...drivers side fog light is "foggy" not sure if its inside or outside...passenger side is crystal clear???

Old 11-25-2018, 06:17 PM

Well I just finished changing the oil & filter, put the car up on flat stoppers, put the cover on & it’s sleeping for winter!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?