CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   What did you do to your Crossfire today? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/49053-what-did-you-do-your-crossfire-today.html)

Mike-in-Orange 09-17-2012 01:39 PM

Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Over the weekend I pulled the wheels off and cleaned them front and back. Also did some cleaning of the suspension bits behind the wheels, then did a quick cleanup on the whole car, inside and out (I never let it get really "dirty") and then parked it until this coming weekend. Oh, and I turned 20,000 miles on the clock, too.

NES Nick 09-18-2012 09:58 PM

A week and a half or so ago now, but...wash and swept really nice, even polished the muffler tips a bit. Then drove from Toledo OH to Charleston SC and back, hitting the Dragon, US28, and the Blue Ridge parkway along the way. Then washed it again when I got home, after about 1,800 miles. Was a fun trip!

Got home from work today to find that a small branch from the neighbors tree had fallen on my car, so now it will need another wash and some buffing this weekend.

Valk 09-18-2012 10:33 PM

Took my Crossfire to White Eagle Auto Body and had the headlights refurbished.
I removed the Squirrel Shades before bringing it to the shop.

They use the 3M kit method and do them both in just 1 hour for only $50 :D
They look much better now and the squirrel shades are back on the car

john book 09-20-2012 01:38 PM

Just installed the Gated Shifter. :D:D:D I will detail later on another thread:D Going for another drive!!!

Franc Rauscher 09-20-2012 05:26 PM

I drove it for the first time since the Spring Dragon.

Hoping to get it ready for the fall GTG at Fontana.
Washed it, put some miles on the tires to get them round again.

Everything seems to work. Even my shifter arm got along with the clutch foot. Well, mostly anyways.

Two anxious weeks. I hope things hold together here at work so I can go.

onehundred80 09-20-2012 05:37 PM

Finished installing the rear Konis, then I set them at the softest setting and went looking for bumps.

Next up, set them at the hardest and look for the same bumps.

After that I'll probably visit a chiropractor.
LOL

pizzaguy 09-20-2012 07:24 PM

In the last two days, got my "EGR Indicator and Switch" installed and my new oil pressure gauge installed. I'm about halfway thru my list of stuff to do before the fall dragon... ok, maybe 1/4 of it.

rayth 09-20-2012 07:45 PM

I used my stock cupholder! Finally got the damn thing to pop up after a little manhandling... though its pretty useless for most size drinks

onehundred80 09-22-2012 04:24 PM

Finished the Konis install, then put the trim back in the trunk. Rears are set to full soft as are the fronts for now. Not exactly a limousine ride but much better for the old back. I'll see what settings I like for the front, the rears are set and forget.

Then I cleaned up the garage a bit.

Now for the 'Honey do this list.'
:rolleyes:

pizzaguy 09-22-2012 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 698739)
In the last two days, got my "EGR Indicator and Switch" installed and my new oil pressure gauge installed. I'm about halfway thru my list of stuff to do before the fall dragon... ok, maybe 1/4 of it.

Ok, steering stabilizer on and a four wheel alignment with a bit of extra rear camber - DONE.

So: Fixed oil gauge, replaced steering stabilizer, alignment, EGR Switch/Indicator installed, AM/FM/CD head modified for FRS radio...

I have 11 days to change the oil, do a COMPLETE and intense detail, get my camera mic the way I want it and invent/install a brake caliber temp gauge....

Getting there, over 3/4 thru my list.

oledoc2u 09-22-2012 07:45 PM

Mark, you really don't want know how hot those brakes get.....lol....
I didn't do anything but hold the flashlight, but Rudy put the paddle shifters on my roadster yesterday...

user 72983 09-23-2012 07:40 PM

I don't drive it when it rains much. I got caught in a downpour today. I punched it for fun...it got pretty squirrelly!

But....on another note...

I got new tires last spring...the TPM wouldn't go out:confused:...
So, I eventually put a piece of black tape over it.

Today, I was reading the manual(for fun) again. That light that was on?....was the telescoping steering wheel lock.....can you say "duh". Jeesh:D

TPM light was out all along....:rolleyes:
Oh boy.

user 72983 09-25-2012 09:56 PM

Replaced the OEM battery...finally!

Interstate MTP 48/H6

Perfect fit!:cool:

RMADERMAN 09-25-2012 10:40 PM

I sent a set of SRT 6 wheels that were on my daughter's car, that I bought off ebay for $50/ rim, that I had painted blaze red on the outside, that came off a 2006 SE roadster (LOL) to TURBAX, to be straighted and put back to original. (long Sentence) It will cost $150 per rim with new Hankook tires mounted and balanced.

If you don't know the SE rims were dark gray on the inside and silver on the outside and were SRT rims. They are going to be a major PITA to put back to original, but they are going to look really good on my BLACK SRT. :cool::D

sgthied 09-25-2012 10:51 PM

Did a complete detail, inside and out under hood and trunk. Car looks gorgeous. Put cover on and waiting for trip north on the auto train in Oct. BTW, After washing the car and drying with chamois I popped the gas lid and to my surprise found it full of water from washing. Anyone else have this and if so how is the best way to solve the problem? I'm a bit nervous about drilling a drain hole. It seems they would have engineered a a way for the water to escape. Thanks for all the great advice in the past...

lildaddym 09-25-2012 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rockbasses (Post 699702)
Replaced the OEM battery...finally!

Interstate MTP 48/H6

Perfect fit!:cool:

Is 770 CCA the OEM battery's rating?

user 72983 09-25-2012 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 699716)

I don't know. I took the number from the forum...MTP H6

The only number they (Firestone)listed was MTP48H6

This is the link/thread I used

Mrmiata 09-25-2012 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by sgthied (Post 699712)
Did a complete detail, inside and out under hood and trunk. Car looks gorgeous. Put cover on and waiting for trip north on the auto train in Oct. BTW, After washing the car and drying with chamois I popped the gas lid and to my surprise found it full of water from washing. Anyone else have this and if so how is the best way to solve the problem? I'm a bit nervous about drilling a drain hole. It seems they would have engineered a a way for the water to escape. Thanks for all the great advice in the past...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...shing-car.html

pizzaguy 09-25-2012 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym (Post 699716)

I was thinking the OEMs were 740, but I could be wrong. More CCA's is not a bad thing. :cool:

Today, I finished the mod where my FRS radio, when someone else transmits, will mute the AM/FM/CD and then the FRS audio plays over the car's speakers. Also, I have independent volume control, no matter what the AM/FM/CD is set to, when it mutes, the FRS radio's volume control determines the level of radio traffic over the car's system.

Also, when I transmit on the FRS, it also mutes the AM/FM/CD. No more scrambling for volume controls when someone says something, or I want to say something, on the radio! :cool:

(I have the NAV head and it has a "telephone mute/takeover" feature in it. Took me a bit of messing around to get the interface right, but I am very happy with how it works. I'm using a Kenwood TK880 radio.)

One more step to being ready for the Dragon...

user 72983 09-25-2012 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 699723)
I was thinking the OEMs were 740, but I could be wrong. More CCA's is not a bad thing. :cool:

Today, I finished the mod where my FRS radio, when someone else transmits, will mute the AM/FM/CD and then the FRS audio plays over the car's speakers. Also, I have independent volume control, no matter what the AM/FM/CD is set to, when it mutes, the FRS radio's volume control determines the level of radio traffic over the car's system.

Also, when I transmit on the FRS, it also mutes the AM/FM/CD. No more scrambling for volume controls when someone says something, or I want to say something, on the radio! :cool:

(I have the NAV head and it has a "telephone mute/takeover" feature in it. Took me a bit of messing around to get the interface right, but I am very happy with how it works. I'm using a Kenwood TK880 radio.)

One more step to being ready for the Dragon...

Very nice mod!