All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 04-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

I ...I especially like the leather wrap on the door pullers. A nice fix for my problem...I have sharp edges on my driver-side pulls where the seam is pulling out. Have to be careful closing my doors. Looks like I have a nice option for replacement.

Old 04-03-2017, 04:17 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Started an extensive Spring Maintenance Program. Oil change, SC oil change, brake fluid replacement, fix some curb rash on wheels, repair a few scratches, do a custom repaint of hood (2nd time), revitalize the interior leather, not to mention a few new cosmetic changes.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yesterday i decided to put led side lights in , in my efforts to get the led in it snapped in two and fell into the headlight .
So i removed the headlight assembly to try and jiggle the piece out... No luck there ,too big.
So i watched a few vids of opening headlights by heating them in the oven . looks easy i thought.
15 mins in the oven and the lens can removed they say .
WRONG ! not a crossfire headlight , mine is now cooked and warped and i have to buy a replacement.

now i find out the oven method ONLY works on lights that are sealed with Butyl rubber, the butyl melts before the plastic .
Our crossfire headlights are sealed with something else that does Not Melt , not before the housing does anyway.
Lesson learned.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular

Installed new steering damper ;-)

Old 04-04-2017, 06:46 AM

painted my calipers, came out pretty good.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_20170402_163126154_HDR.jpg (3.82 MB, 34 views)
Old 04-06-2017, 03:53 AM
Forum Regular

Today i ordered a replacement for my baked headlight , AU$550

Old 04-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Using a heat gun I finally bent the two stalks that hit the paddles when pulled backward. It has been some time since I installed the paddles and I kept delaying this little job.
Today I will install bleeders for the brakes at each wheel, change the brake fluid and clean the inside of the wheels.
While doing the front bleeders I will add new fog light doors and rivet the hinge area in place if I can.
My ambition knows no bounds.
In place of the rivets I used Gorilla tape over the latch and along the top. It's black, stands up to the rain very well and stops water getting too close to the rear of the fog lights and keeps it locked in place.
These new ones from NeedsWings latch much better than the old ones that were on there, one of them came unlatched, rubbed on the tire and had half the latch worn away.
Tip, use Gorilla tape over the latch to prevent the door coming undone. This will stop it getting damaged or lost. Fold over the tape on itself a half an inch to make a pull tab for removing the tape in the future.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-09-2017 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Updated and added to.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Today i ordered a replacement for my baked headlight , AU$550

That was an expensive lesson to learn.

Old 04-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

First month of ownership. Cut and installed a plexiglass lens for the broken driver side fog light, cleaned and treated cloth top with 303 top kit, re-glued rear window where it was coming loose, reinstalled drivers side low beam light that was installed upside down, replaced boot light bulb, replaced glove box bulb, removed and applied fix to climate control unit, best bang for your buck speaker tweak, touched up leather seats with colorbond, replaced cabin air filter, bought trans dip stick and added 200ml trans fluid, topped off brake fluid, removed RCM and performed soldier fix. More things on the horizon.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by maggy55
First month of ownership. Cut and installed a plexiglass lens for the broken driver side fog light, cleaned and treated cloth top with 303 top kit, re-glued rear window where it was coming loose, reinstalled drivers side low beam light that was installed upside down, replaced boot light bulb, replaced glove box bulb, removed and applied fix to climate control unit, best bang for your buck speaker tweak, touched up leather seats with colorbond, replaced cabin air filter, bought trans dip stick and added 200ml trans fluid, topped off brake fluid, removed RCM and performed soldier fix. More things on the horizon.

WOW... I'm impressed! Keep up the great job (learning and fixing)!

Old 04-07-2017, 07:58 PM

Post number 4988 has added text to it.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
That was an expensive lesson to learn.
Yes it sure was.
the upside is, unlike my original , the replacement headlight is very clean Inside .

I do wonder how people manage to install Halo lights in these headlights ?. all i can think of is they must cut the lens off with a dremel .

Last edited by daveesrt6; 04-07-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
Yes it sure was.
the upside is, unlike my original , the replacement headlight is very clean Inside .

I do wonder how people manage to install Halo lights in these headlights ?. all i can think of is they must cut the lens off with a dremel .
James1549 cut his open, there is a thread somewhere here.Someone else slit it along the glue line somehow. I have forgotten how though.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:08 PM

Did the Sticky Key Mod today. Took about an hour and a half.

Only odd part to think about is this "mod" removes the "secondary" locking pin and there is still a "primary" pin that still locks the steering wheel.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Replaced alarm siren, now have chirp. Thought about replacing the batteries in the old one, but it was toast.

Old 04-08-2017, 11:03 PM

Went to a car meet, I was the only Crossfire. I was surprised I didn't get bashed for not having a american muscle car or a ricer.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:09 PM

Hi! from Ian

I was replacing my Crossfire's battery; +ve first and -ve last. When was attaching the -ve terminal last the there was a noise coming from the motor? Where not sure. I unplugged all.

Help!!!!!!!!

I am not a mechanic and I am afraid I will fry something.

Ian, very nervous.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it because you saw a spark when you connected, ground? Did you have the door open while doing this? If yes, it was drawing amperage for the interior light, dash and seats.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by ianggillespie
Hi! from Ian

I was replacing my Crossfire's battery; +ve first and -ve last. When was attaching the -ve terminal last the there was a noise coming from the motor? Where not sure. I unplugged all.

Help!!!!!!!!

I am not a mechanic and I am afraid I will fry something.

Ian, very nervous.
Only put one thread up on a problem, the other one said it was an alarm sound. What is the true story here?
Two threads do not get quicker and more accurate answers, more than likely the opposite as everyone gets confused and some don't even bother to answer at all.

I hard wired my dash cam to the radio instead of using a fused quick splice connector on an exterior light fuse, which made the light out indicator come on.
While pulling the radio the volume **** flew off and disappeared. I could not find it for twenty minutes knowing it had to be in the car somewhere and then I spotted it laying under the inner drivers side seat rail in a near impossible position to reach.
I reset the radio settings without the **** which made it even more frustrating. The radio instructions suck, like all these things they think you are a know it all teen, not a Luddite when it comes to electronics.
I almost reinstalled my OEM navigation radio, but I like the hands free phone feature which I rarely use anyway. The navigation radio basically has directions for when they thought the world was flat the disks are that old.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-09-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Installed my illuminated crossfire door sills

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?