All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 12-14-2017, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Braved the cold and cleaned the leather bucket seats.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:54 PM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Inspected the K&N filter elements in my air cleaner assembly. They looked okay and I didn't see any foreign material in the housing or air filter chambers. Button everything back up and was just about to close the hood when I noticed that the PS wiper arm cap was missing. Looked around and found it lying loose on the windshield shroud. Apparently it came off in the cold. Cut a piece of smooth electrical tape and placed it around the bottom section of the cap. Made sure it was secure. Then inserted the wiper arm cap back on the mounting screw - electrical tape made it a little difficult to insert but it did go. Cap should stay in place now. Thanks FP for telling me about that little trick some years back.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:40 PM

hi i put my 05 limited on the lift and cleaned it just got it a week ago. only has 26k looks like new but will need tires soon what r yous using/

Old 12-19-2017, 09:56 PM

Listened to tunes while stuck in holiday traffic

Old 12-19-2017, 11:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I removed the Sprint Booster V3 from my car and put it up on our For Sale section :-)

Old 12-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Received "presents" from Rudy-Claus

Lions, and Tigers and Bears... Oh My!!!!<br/>

Old 12-21-2017, 08:08 AM

Merry Christmas to all....
nothing to the SRT6.....
Went and bought another crossy......
This time an NA coupe no rego for $4500 ozzie buckeroos.
SSB with grey interior. issues are dead battery, sticky key ( only one at the moment) and the inevitable saggy roof liner ( west oz is a killer for liners as the heat gets into all in the summer) couple of minor body dings but the doors are perfect lol.
motor sounds good, had the esp light on for about 5 mins but gone now.
new battery tommorow and then its around the block for me .
as i have 2 now i will let the kids fight over them when im gone.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Repaired leaky Breather covers.
Everywhere in this forum these are called "Valve covers". I did a lot of research here on leaky valve covers, and all the post show leaky breather covers. There is nothing about "leaky valve covers". I am always telling my wife, "say what you mean". Her answer is "you know what I mean".

Old 12-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Forum Regular

My drivers side air vent would not stay put , i had somehow broken off its lower clip when i did the leather install.
i ordered a new /used one from a wreck (AU$70!) and what arrived is the wrong grey ,its a lighter grey and they dont have any others.
I found a alloy trim piece in my bits n bobs drawer to disguise it a bit.
Heres a pic , i dont know if i like it , OCD me says its wrong , practical me says forget about it.
If i could remove the slats and put the black ones in from the old vent that be good but i dont think they can come out.

Last edited by daveesrt6; 12-22-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:09 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by daveesrt6
My drivers side air vent would not stay put , i had somehow broken off its lower clip when i did the leather install.
i ordered a new /used one from a wreck (AU$70!) and what arrived is the wrong grey ,its a lighter grey and they dont have any others.
Heres a pic , i dont know if i like it , OCD me says its wrong , practical me says forget about it.
If i could remove the slats and put the black ones in from the old vent that be good but i dont think they can come out.
These parts are made from PC/ABS and you can make a clip from ABS or PC and join the parts with acetone or Gorilla Super Glue. If you have the old broken part that broke off all the better as it will fit perfectly at the break and join to the other part really well.
PC is Poly-carbonate and ABS is
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene
The two are blended together, PC/ABS, to make a plastic alloy that features the properties needed for the part.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:16 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks 180 , Good advice as allways :-)
sadly i dont have the broken off bit or i would do it.
i'm going to try to remove the dark slats from the original vent and fit those into the 'new' one , it would look ok then i think .

Old 12-23-2017, 12:18 AM
Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

The slats can be removed. Start at any point where you have the most wiggle room. Wrap a popsicle stick with electrical tape and insert it between the slats (in the center). Gently pry up and use the slack to pull the salt out of the holes on the sides. Try this out on the one that arrived in the incorrect colour

Old 12-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
The slats can be removed. Start at any point where you have the most wiggle room. Wrap a popsicle stick with electrical tape and insert it between the slats (in the center). Gently pry up and use the slack to pull the salt out of the holes on the sides. Try this out on the one that arrived in the incorrect colour
Good advice, these were assembled so they should come apart the same way. Do not put too much pressure on the pivots at the end as the area between pivot and the slat is the weakest part.
Maybe leaving the part in the Aussie sun will help make the plastic more forgivable. Carefully applied heat from a heat gun may be of use too, not enough to deform the parts. I bent the stalks on the steering wheel when I fitted the paddle shifters and it works a treat. The sides may flex as well to get more room. The actuator in the middle has got to be considered, making things a little trickier.
I stil think I would attempt a repair, it being the easiest solution, by carefully making the broken part and gluing it in position. Using acetone on this plastic is just like welding.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:05 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the tips UrbanE
, 180
well the ocd me won big time, i tried and tried i just couldnt get the slats out, it really felt like i just would break them right off even in 32c +.... so, i ended up painting them mat black with a paint pen ! , of course the felt tip wouldnt go in far enough or tidy enough but i was impatient and needed a win. anyways i carefully did what i could and this morning i bought some tiny brushes ,dipped one in the paint pen and very carefully went to work finishing them off. I love mat black its so easy to get good.
it was actually kinda relaxing ,reminded me of those Airfix model plane kits i used to paint up as a kid.

anyway it turned out great and matches the others ok now.

Phew !

Old 12-23-2017, 09:34 PM

TOP JOB TO BB! Looks great, better than factory

Re FITH

Old 12-23-2017, 09:34 PM
Received 141 Likes on 110 Posts

Thanks for the tips UrbanE
, 180
well the ocd me won big time, i tried and tried i just couldnt get the slats out, it really felt like i just would break them right off even in 32c +.... so, i ended up painting them mat black with a paint pen ! , of course the felt tip wouldnt I go in far enough or tidy enough but i was impatient and needed a win. anyways i carefully did what i could and this morning i bought some tiny brushes ,dipped one in the paint pen and very carefully went to work finishing them off. I love mat black its so easy to get good.
it was actually kinda relaxing ,reminded me of those Airfix model plane kits i used to paint up as a kid.

anyway it turned out great and matches the others ok now.

Phew !

Model planes and cars. As a kid, I think the best part Was the glue

Old 12-23-2017, 10:17 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Model planes and cars. As a kid, I think the best part Was the glue

Hmm maybe it was the glue that got me back then , i didnt notice it... would explain alot tho.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:21 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fire in the hole
TOP JOB TO BB! Looks great, better than factory

Re FITH
Aw shucks , thanks ,you are very kind !

i painted in the sides too now for a better look .
it will do for awhile :-)

Last edited by daveesrt6; 12-23-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:51 AM

Chrysler get together down under

These cars all live two doors from each other

[I]A rose amongst the thorns. A Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year from The Land Down Under!

Last edited by fire in the hole; 12-24-2017 at 07:10 AM.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:18 PM

Put it back to sleep today for the rest of the winter. It was asleep but the weather was dry between snow storms so I got it out for a few days to exercise it a little. I now know the heater works. Back on the battery tender in the garage until April. I'm heading south and the XF is just to small to carry everything we need for 4 months. I would look for a XF in Florida but I don't have a garage and hate to leave one out in the sun for the summer. This way I have something to look forward to in April.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?