All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 12-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by cammons
Bought a dent puller from Harbor Freight an removing the unsightly door dings 😀
I bought one from e-bay and tried it. Actually works well. The smaller the dent the harder it is to pull though.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom3120
I bought one from e-bay and tried it. Actually works well. The smaller the dent the harder it is to pull though.

very true good results

Old 12-31-2018, 10:29 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

I completed my monthly Wintertime battery charge...........hoping for an early Spring!

Old 01-05-2019, 06:51 AM

Well, the headliner finally sagged down so far that I needed to have it replaced. I watched the removal videos and read the removal procedures. I was all set to remove the headliner myself until I took the car to a local auto upholstery shop. I was quoted $240.00 for the entire job (headliner removal, removal of the old material and preparation of the headliner surface, installation of new material, and reinstallation of the headliner). I asked how much less would it be if I removed the headliner and I was told $40.00. For a savings of $40.00 I let the upholstery shop do the entire job. I brought the car in on Thursday night and it was done at 5:00 on Friday. What a beautiful job. By the way, the upholstery shop removed both seats to make the removal and installation easier. They told me that removing the seats is the only way to go when working on a Crossfire headliner.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbirdtony
Well, the headliner finally sagged down so far that I needed to have it replaced. I watched the removal videos and read the removal procedures. I was all set to remove the headliner myself until I took the car to a local auto upholstery shop. I was quoted $240.00 for the entire job (headliner removal, removal of the old material and preparation of the headliner surface, installation of new material, and reinstallation of the headliner). I asked how much less would it be if I removed the headliner and I was told $40.00. For a savings of $40.00 I let the upholstery shop do the entire job. I brought the car in on Thursday night and it was done at 5:00 on Friday. What a beautiful job. By the way, the upholstery shop removed both seats to make the removal and installation easier. They told me that removing the seats is the only way to go when working on a Crossfire headliner.
That's a very good price for the entire headliner change. Especially, with the effort to remove & re-install both seats. And, looking back at when I took out the headliner on my coupe, having the seats out of the equation would have made headliner out & in a lot easier.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts

did you see them remove your seats,, i have had three headliners done in three different crossfires at two different shops neither shop took the seats out,, the first liner to be done in 2008 was $90.00 the second was $125 in 2016 and last year 2018 it cost $150. . maybe the prices in florida is low because their are upholstery shops on every block.
as long as you are happy that is all that counts. jim

Old 01-05-2019, 09:29 AM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

They may say it is the only way but it is not. I think that would be more work than necessary. I had mine out faster than the video that is on the forum here, not the speeded up video. LOL Removing the seats risks damage to them and the door sills, those seats are heavy.
The console is the problem more than anything, the headrests on the seats hold the liner up at the rear and that is what you want. I watched the video a couple of times and saw when and how to rotate it. I had my good friend bluecoupe assist with the installation, he even went into the trunk and installed all five panels I had removed for various reasons. He is so flexible I think he is made out of rubber.

Back in the day I had a car with a very dirty cloth headliner, I read how it could be made to look new by painting it with size a couple of times and then painting it with emulsion paint, it looked terrible after the size coats but brilliant after the final coat of paint. The painting tightened up the cloth so it was nicely stretched. The material was somehow attached to the roof without the use of a lining board.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-05-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:32 AM

amx1397,
I did not see them remove the seats but the shop took photos of the process for their files. Two photos show the interior with the seats removed. I am very pleased with the results. The headliner material they used is the same type as the original (not the cheaper fuzzy stuff used today). The headliner looks as nice and original as the day the car was built.

Old 01-05-2019, 09:46 AM

amx1397,
I did not see them remove the seats but the shop took photos of the process for their files. Two photos show the interior with the seats removed. I am very pleased with the results. The headliner material they used is the same type as the original (not the cheaper fuzzy stuff used today). The headliner looks as nice and original as the day the car was built.
Do them a favour and send them the video. You’ll be a hero.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:35 AM

amx1397,
I had one of mine done with suede they removed the foam from the back of the suede , then installed it it was a little harder to get all the wrinkles out but , looks great ,,same color as original ,, i like it the best,,
the important thing is, YOU like it and are happy with it . jim

Old 01-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What and where are the headliners you are talking about?

Old 01-05-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by ambidextrous
Coupes only. It’s the roof lining.

Old 01-05-2019, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ambidextrous
the headliner in your car and all cars is above your head, it runs inside the car from windshield to rear window it is cloth and almost all the time it will sag, it is glued up but it comes down once sagging starts. hope this helps. also google headliners on cars. jim

Old 01-05-2019, 03:38 PM

Another thing to consider is finding a reputable upholstery shop that will fold the new cover material over the edges all around. Mercedes & Chrysler took the cheap approach and only matched the headliner material to the backboard. Really a cheap way of installing a headliner cover. Probably saved all of $1.00 USD on material.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 01-06-2019 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:40 PM

Weather for the weekend here in SC is forecasted to be in the upper 60s to low 70s. Gotta go cruisin' tomorrow!

Old 01-05-2019, 07:41 PM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts

It hit 74F here in the Dallas area today. Loralie was driven (about ten miles) and sat outside for a while.
All of Hurst, Texas had a chance to see her.

Old 01-06-2019, 07:49 PM

Took my son to watch his first SCCA Solo One race today in Houston Tx. Looks like a lot of fun. He wanted to know if I was going to race an I told him that was going to and he was excited because a few years ago I sold my drag car an he never saw me race that car. Memories in the works for both of us he noted to me that there were no other xfire there I told that we are a special group so let the fun begin.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What I did to my Crossfire recently.
Long story short. I test drove the Vredestein Quattra5's
Daily highway use.
Dry weather
a bit of squirm, but not bad. this is a result of the compromise between all season.

Wet?
Pretty damn Good!

Snow?
Leave the traction control on, dump the clutch., Don't hit the gas, and nurse the throttle. its fun, drives really well. Surprisingly well. I was keeping up with 4x4's , but no don't abuse it by trying to do really deep snow. DUH!

(mine is on a Salvage title so its a driver which I bought it as/for, Resale? I bought it to enjoy and do a job.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:24 AM
Forum Regular
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I took my RCM out and boxed up and sent out to DJ to be resoldered. With the coldest part of winter upon us it doesn’t look like I’ll be driving anywhere anytime soon so this is a good time to get it done.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:53 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Had to replace the Sylvania SS Ultra on the passenger side low beam today. Last night, the bulb out lamp lit and I found that bulb out. It was originally installed in Oct of 2009 and was used both many times during the day and always at night. It came out (see picture) and the old Sylvania SS (regular) went in very easily. The connector came off easily, the clip moved off the clip easily, and the bulb came out easily. Only thing I had to do was move the coolant line off the two clips (fender well and close to headlight bottom). In and out in about 20 minutes!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?