CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   My Baby is gone. So long... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/61269-my-baby-gone-so-long.html)

FP 05-09-2013 04:28 PM

My Baby is gone. So long...

My baby as in my Crossfire. While I know I decided to sell it, it felt so final today :( . Her new owners flew in from from the east cost, and picked her top today. I will miss my Crossy big time, but at the same time, I'm glad she's in good hands. Jeff and Kellie are the new owners, and I think Jeff might be as anal as I am. I wish them the best of luck with this black beauty.

Please welcome them when they join the forum.

FP
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mage-84404.jpg
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mage-84405.jpg

JHM2K 05-09-2013 04:35 PM

re: My Baby is gone. So long...

This sucks. :(

Pacemaker 05-09-2013 04:52 PM

re: My Baby is gone. So long...

Man... that's gotta rip yer heart out. Worse than seeing your daughter go off with her newly wed husband. Time heals all wounds. (and getting another XF!;))

Valk 05-09-2013 06:40 PM

Re: My Baby is gone. So long...

A very sad day for many of us here with the realization that you no longer have that beautiful car.
I never thought I would see this day.
So will you remain active here and keep your responsibilities as one of this forums moderators ??

FP 05-09-2013 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by VALK (Post 738832)
A very sad day for many of us here with the realization that you no longer have that beautiful car.
I never thought I would see this day.
So will you remain active here and keep your responsibilities as one of this forums moderators ??

Thanks Valky. As to my role here, I think the right thing to do is to step dowm as administrator. That might make some here very happy :p. It has been a pleasure serving this forum with all its wonderful members. Agree or not with me, I've always have had this car forum's and members best interest in mind.

Valk 05-09-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by FP (Post 738833)
Thanks Valky. As to my role here, I think the right thing to do is to step dowm as administrator. That might make some here very happy :p. It has been a pleasure serving this forum with all its wonderful members. Agree or not with me, I've always had this car forum's and members best interest in mind.

My best to you my friend
See ya around town now OK ;)

itsky 05-09-2013 08:22 PM

FP,
I hope the new owners appreciate the car as much as you did.

InfernoRedXfire 05-09-2013 09:12 PM

I never thought I'd actually see this day FP. How you could put so much love and effort into customizing a Crossfire to making it your own and then turn around & sell it is beyond me. I could never do it...but that's just me.

However, you must have some gratification as you saw a hot chick driving it away with a big smile on her face.
:p ;)

pizzaguy 05-09-2013 09:14 PM

I hope you don't hate yourself in about six months, FP.

'Cause I NEVER should have sold the red one.

andrew 05-09-2013 09:30 PM

~ i had that same experience many years ago ... and i still miss my crossfire dearly 3 cars later. :(

Larry Hitze 05-09-2013 10:10 PM

Never thought I'd see the day that's for sure.

Bigkid 05-09-2013 10:12 PM

Sorry to see your crossfire go. True to form she was in pristine condition when the new owners drove her away. Hope you will still be around on the forum. Wish you had driven her to the Dragon at least once.

+fireamx 05-09-2013 10:37 PM

autumnmass 05-10-2013 08:41 AM

Good luck FP and we will miss you and your crossie! Thanks for everything you did for all of us, I know you were always there to help anyone. Take care.

harbor 05-10-2013 09:53 AM

FP - Can't think of a better way to sign off than to show the new, happy owners. You are a class act, and your contributions to the Crossfire community and as a forum moderator have been exemplary. Thank you for all the hard work.

Hope to see you at future functions with one of the other vehicles in your fleet. Consider yourself a Member Emeritus going forward.

kuratsunade 05-10-2013 10:44 AM

Saw it on Facebook. Can't say if it's the right decision since I switched as well.

I do, however, indeed miss my XFire especially when comes to hard corners with extreme speeds. I can no longer taking fast turns so soo soo confidently like I ever did before.

I pumped my tire up a little bit to see if there would be a difference in stiffness, to see if I get the feeling back.

Anyway, sorry to see you let your XFire go.

Valk 05-10-2013 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by harbor (Post 738925)
FP - Can't think of a better way to sign off than to show the new, happy owners.
You are a class act, and your contributions to the Crossfire community and as a forum moderator have been exemplary.
Thank you for all the hard work.

Hope to see you at future functions with one of the other vehicles in your fleet.
Consider yourself a Member Emeritus going forward.

Wonderfully said and I share these same thoughts my friend ;)

2005XFire 05-13-2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by harbor (Post 738925)
FP - Can't think of a better way to sign off than to show the new, happy owners. You are a class act, and your contributions to the Crossfire community and as a forum moderator have been exemplary. Thank you for all the hard work.

Hope to see you at future functions with one of the other vehicles in your fleet. Consider yourself a Member Emeritus going forward.

Well said Jim!!! FP it was a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you. We'll Miss seeing MI PATIN on our GTG. Wishing you the best of luck and hope to see you around from time to time....

Annette

apkano 05-20-2013 12:00 PM

WHHHHAAAAAAATTTTTT!!!

FP.... you sold the car??!?!?!? What were you thinking?

I figured people would be living on Saturn before you parted with your car.