CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   Just for kicks, new use for the spoiler. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/72191-just-kicks-new-use-spoiler.html)

pioneer4x4 08-01-2015 12:03 AM

Just for kicks, new use for the spoiler.

Sitting/idling through the Squirrel Hill tunnel leaving work today, I was in front of some chucklehead in some stooped BMW X thing with a pair of twin suns mounted on the front. First I was glad I have a 2004 with dimming rear mirror, then as we got in farther and darker, it was still too damn bright. So I put up the spoiler and it was perfect height to block the searchlights behind me.

07aeroblue 08-08-2015 02:51 PM

Re: Just for kicks, new use for the spoiler.

I've found the spoiler to be very useful for this as well!

Ed Mahoney 09-11-2015 01:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up ! I m going to try this one !

Franc Rauscher 09-11-2015 03:11 PM

I have often wondered how much trouble one would be in if they had a sign on the fin "Dim "em Dammit!

ala_xfire 09-11-2015 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher (Post 847482)
I have often wondered how much trouble one would be in if they had a sign on the fin "Dim "em Dammit!

If there is room, mount a strip of bright white LED's to the bottom of the spoiler and hook 'em up through a rapid flasher to a manual switch. That should get their attention, let's just hope they aren't epileptic.
( I don't have a problem with bright lights, I seldom drive at night )

pioneer4x4 09-11-2015 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 847483)
If there is room, mount a strip of bright white LED's to the bottom of the spoiler and hook 'em up through a rapid flasher to a manual switch. That should get their attention, let's just hope they aren't epileptic.

An old school foot dimmer switch would be great for that.

Franc Rauscher 09-11-2015 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 847483)

Great idea except it's illegal, in most states, to have white lights on the back of your car when going forward.

ala_xfire 09-11-2015 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher (Post 847490)
Great idea except it's illegal, in most states, to have white lights on the back of your car when going forward.

Of course it is, along with almost everything else that is helpful or fun.
I was joking anyway.

Franc Rauscher 09-11-2015 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 847508)
Of course it is, along with almost everything else that is helpful or fun.
I was joking anyway.

That's Okay. I only pointed it out because I once got a ticket for pointing my spotlight on a car following too close with highlights on my @ss. Turns out he was a cop.
Up until that moment, I had not done anything wrong.

He pointed out the law to me VERY CLEARLY.

Wasn't fun at all.:rolleyes:

maxcichon 09-12-2015 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher (Post 847520)
That's Okay. I only pointed it out because I once got a ticket for pointing my spotlight on a car following too close with highlights on my @ss. Turns out he was a cop.
Up until that moment, I had not done anything wrong.

He pointed out the law to me VERY CLEARLY.

Wasn't fun at all.:rolleyes:

And did you point out to him that following too close and failure to dim headlights are also against the law? And damned rude, besides?

I would.:)

+fireamx 09-12-2015 11:13 AM

Back in the "Dark" Ages when I got my drivers license, my 1st. car was a 1963 Dodge 880 convertible, with a "Push Button" automatic transmission. I discovered that by simply pushing the reverse button about 1/2 way, it would illuminate the back up lights (that sat about eye level with the top of the trunk lid.
When ever somebody came up behind me with their brights on, I'd just tap the reverse lights a couple of times and they almost always got the message.
If that didn't work, at the next traffic light (when they stopped behind me,) I would hold the reverse button 1/2 way down, then brake torque the car enough to break the tires loose and they'd start smoking. The guy behind me would instantly start laying on his horn thinking I was going to smash into him when I let off the break. But when the light turned green, I'd launch across the intersection and put some distance between us. After that, they usually kept their distance.