CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   All Crossfires (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/)
-   -   manual gear shift knob removal. help (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/all-crossfires/72415-manual-gear-shift-knob-removal-help.html)

needfreetime 08-26-2015 07:37 PM

manual gear shift knob removal. help

Does anybody know how to remove the gearshift manual knob? The only thing I can find is on you tube where the guy just put it in neutral and pulled on it. I tried pulling but I don't want to pull to hard and break something. Any body with knowledge of this procedure. Thanks for the info.

onehundred80 08-26-2015 08:43 PM

Re: manual gear shift knob removal. help

Originally Posted by needfreetime (Post 846167)
Does anybody know how to remove the gearshift manual knob? The only thing I can find is on you tube where the guy just put it in neutral and pulled on it. I tried pulling but I don't want to pull to hard and break something. Any body with knowledge of this procedure. Thanks for the info.

Unscrew the bottom portion of the knob.
It is not that tight, but do not use anything hard on it if it is a bit tight.

csteve0355 08-26-2015 09:51 PM

There is a plastic cone shaped nut under the leather boot - unscrew this - once it is off the threads of the gear know pull up on the knob - its been on there for a while so it may take a bit of upward force, but don't worry about breaking anything. Let me know how you made out getting it off.

Originally Posted by needfreetime (Post 846167)

needfreetime 08-27-2015 05:23 PM

Thanks guys for the info. I appreciate your help. Now installing a lighted gear shift knob.

csteve0355 08-28-2015 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Glad we could help. Here is a picture of my Startech illuminated shifter and new shift boot.

Originally Posted by needfreetime (Post 846263)
Thanks guys for the info. I appreciate your help. Now installing a lighted gear shift knob.

pioneer4x4 08-28-2015 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by csteve0355 (Post 846333)
Glad we could help. Here is a picture of my Startech illuminated shifter and new shift boot.

Any pictures of it lit up when it is dark?

csteve0355 08-28-2015 12:13 PM

here is a picture lit, but not at night.

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4 (Post 846339)

csteve0355 08-28-2015 12:17 PM

Hope the picture uploaded this time

csteve0355 08-28-2015 12:21 PM

last try today