All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Airbag Recall Parts In

Old 06-16-2017, 10:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

FYI...had the S15 air bag recall done yesterday on my 08 Roadster, everything went perfect. Thanks to the good advice posted earlier, in quizzing the dealership service guys I did learn a few things. The air bag recall includes the 'SRS Verification Test' but can't be done without the diagnostic equipment...duh!...darn electronics, my 1975 Bricklin didn't have any of that and I'm much better with a wrench than electronic stuff. Of the 13 Chrysler dealerships locally, only 3 were and still are crossfire service centres. I was in and out of the dealership in just under an hour. Must admit, I was worried about having this recall done but all is great....sun is shining, top is down, asphalt calling and life's little problems are in the rear view mirror
Steve

Old 06-17-2017, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I received notification that my parts for air bag are in. Having work done June 21/17.

Had the work done but the service I received was the worst ever. Had the car the whole day and got no feedback on the work done.

Last edited by gaird; 06-26-2017 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Follow up.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hopefully all forum members with a recalled Xfire have had the airbag inflators replaced or have it scheduled. I saw a stat this past week where only a third of the +46M total vehicles have been fixed. Apparently parts are still in short supply and the top NHTSA adiministrator, who left with the Obama regime, has yet to be replaced.
20M more Takata inflator vehicles will be recalled within the next 2 years.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:07 PM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Sorry I brought up the Magnum. I deleted the post.

Last edited by JSK; 06-18-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:53 PM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by harbor
Hopefully all forum members with a recalled Xfire have had the airbag inflators replaced or have it scheduled. I saw a stat this past week where only a third of the +46M total vehicles have been fixed. Apparently parts are still in short supply and the top NHTSA adiministrator, who left with the Obama regime, has yet to be replaced.
20M more Takata inflator vehicles will be recalled within the next 2 years.

Why would anyone ignore this recall? It is the drivers steering wheel airbag recall! I could see MAYBE, someone who doesn't care about a PASSENGER airbag (given its disabling function OR lack of a passenger care issue).

Originally Posted by JSK
I have an appointment tomorrow to have the passenger bag replaced on my 08 Magnum. The drivers bag was replaced several months ago. The dealer told me they bags in bunches at a time and just work down the wait list.

Surely you do not think the same module is in a crossfire? Unless you know the 'module' they are replacing is the exact same one for our cars, then the number is moot. Either get the recall done for the VIN applied OR do it yourself for the VIN (people sourcing outside the official channels like some have done in at least this forum). I believe you do not want to be any part of a situation involving a non-recalled repair recall accident, or issue!

Last edited by GraphiteGhost; 06-18-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:15 PM
JSK
Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

I know it's not the same part. Sorry I brought it up. The post is deleted.

Old 06-18-2017, 10:30 PM
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by JSK
I know it's not the same part. Sorry I brought it up. The post is deleted.
I cannot see why you felt you had to delete the post, it ws relevant.

It could well be the same bag, how much can they differ? We know two styles of bag were in the Crossfire steering wheel so why couldn't one or both be in another car?

Old 06-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Good point 180, when I booked my service appointment the dealer advised me that there were two different air bags used in the crossfire, one they had in stock and the other could be ordered overnight delivery. It ended up, mine was in stock at the dealership. The service tech that worked on my car told me he changes air bags on different chrysler models almost daily and they haven't had any supply issues to date.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Received 369 Likes on 321 Posts

Breaking? Seemed enevitable ( https://www.yahoo.com/news/takata-fi...095858335.html ).