All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Buying a crossfire.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a crossfire.

I'm thinking about buying a Chrysler crossfire 2004. The person that I'm supposed to be buying the car from says "The car isn't running well on its own and when attempting to starting the car everything comes on as they should. But I don't think the car will run well without the neutral safety switch being fixed" the owner also says that the mechanic checked the start,ignition and the switch and also the transmission to make sure that they wasn't the problem" I'm really interested in the car but don't if it's a good one because what the seller is saying doesn't make sense to me lol.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Buying a crossfire.

Originally Posted by Arii21.
I'm thinking about buying a Chrysler crossfire 2004. The person that I'm supposed to be buying the car from says "The car isn't running well on its own and when attempting to starting the car everything comes on as they should. But I don't think the car will run well without the neutral safety switch being fixed" the owner also says that the mechanic checked the start,ignition and the switch and also the transmission to make sure that they wasn't the problem" I'm really interested in the car but don't if it's a good one because what the seller is saying doesn't make sense to me lol.
Not knowing what this person is asking for this vehicle that may or may not run, there are plenty of well-maintained perfectly good running crossfire's for sale on this forum. Spending a little more money for a well-maintained vehicle maybe the better decision.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:53 PM

Thank you and te vehicle runs only if the car is jumped.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Arii21.
Thank you and te vehicle runs only if the car is jumped.
Sounds like a bad battery. Does it run well after its jumped off? Is this car a manual transmission?

Old 09-13-2017, 11:04 AM

Yes it runs well after that and it's a automatic. But I've had several other inputs and people are saying that it can be possibly electrical problems because the battery is kinda new.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the ground wire for corrosion, this is a common problem on these cars. At the battery an where it is attached to the body. Also look at the cable its self. Corrosion can start under the protective covering , of the ground wire.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 PM

Bought an Xfire just last month and I am super happy! I recommend saving and get yourself something that is not going to give you any problems in the future.
i have seen some nice cars here for sale. also, be patient until you find what u are looking for.