All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Beneficial Online Catalog

Old 10-12-2017, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beneficial Online Catalog

Hope I am putting this in the right place. I worked in garages for years and found that weird trim clips, fasteners and general odd fasteners were supplied by a company called Auveco. They supplied fasteners to many OE Manufacturers and still carry oddball clips. Their online catalog is a great resource including dimensions and such. Website is:
http://www.auveco.com

Old 10-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Beneficial Online Catalog

Thanks for posting!

Old 10-12-2017, 08:05 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

This company is about 15 minutes away from here. I have never bought online from them, but to buy in person, you must have an account and most fasteners are sold in bulk. They do have a lot of things, just too hard to buy a box when you only need a few. Maybe online it is different.

James

Old 10-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
This company is about 15 minutes away from here. I have never bought online from them, but to buy in person, you must have an account and most fasteners are sold in bulk. They do have a lot of things, just too hard to buy a box when you only need a few. Maybe online it is different.

James
r

I see the benefit that you can nail down a part number by using the sizes given, at least you can go to a dealer and ask for the part you want by part number instead of trying to describe it or use the number online, eBay whatever.
Even if you cannot find it you'll know exactly what part is impossible to obtain. LOL

Old 10-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the trick would be to contact them and ask for a distributor in your area. For instance my local Ace Hardware has 4 slide out bins of their automotive trim fasteners. I see potential in measuring my busted trunk ( I use the the word trunk loosely because I have a Roadster) carpet and side wall trim retaining clips that have failed because of heat and age and be able to find or find something damn close from the dimensions they list. I think people like Dorman probably are repackaging some of the more popular items and purchasing them from Auveco. Owning a Crossfire is like a treasure hunt and thought this might be another resource.