Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Are these all the parts I need for Pioneer Premier HU Install?

Old 09-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are these all the parts I need for Pioneer Premier HU Install?

Hi,

I am planning to install a new headunit into my XF Limited. I want something classy with good sound quality. I will be replacing just the headunit for now and would like to utilize the factory amplifier. I am looking to purchase a Pioneer DEH-P880PRS head unit. For the harness, I am planning to get the Scosche VW01B. For the antenna adapter, I plan to get the Metra 40-EU10 VW /BMW/Euro Car to Male Motorola Vehicle Antenna Adapter. Finally, for the iPod connectivity, I plan to get the Pioneer-CD-IB100II-iPod-Interface-Adapter. Whew, I already have the crimps and removal keys for installation. Am I forgetting anything? Thanks!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Are these all the parts I need for Pioneer Premier HU Install?

Yep, that's everything you need.

One thing I would maybe consider is to use an auxiliary input rather then the ipod interface adapter.. most of the ipod interfaces absolutely suck and are a pain in the *** to use.. while the ipod is simply genius to use and easy as well.. just my 2 cents..!

Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the tip. I might actually consider that. I have a Pioneer Elite home theater receiver with an iPod hookup and it is extremely annoying to search for songs.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronFL
Thanks for the tip. I might actually consider that. I have a Pioneer Elite home theater receiver with an iPod hookup and it is extremely annoying to search for songs.
Also, since it is a pioneer premier unit, i'm not sure of the features (as I didn't look them up..)

But, my previous headunit had a "video" in.. I used a dock connector to rca cable and it also had charging wires.. i controlled the ipod through the ipod and since it was dock connector, it was superior quality to the headphone jack..

cable is like this -> IPOD DOCK TO AUDIO VIDEO AV COMPOSITE RCA CABLE ADAPTOR - eBay (item 250390297274 end time Sep-11-09 12:20:52 PDT)

just something to consider, i've been down that road searching about 10 different methods of connecting my music, etc.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:30 PM

Oh cool, I didn't know they made connectors like that. I would definitely prefer the RCA to the headphone jack. Thanks for the link!