CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Audio, Video and Electronics (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/audio-video-electronics/)
-   -   Does cold weather affect the stereo on these cars??? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/audio-video-electronics/39690-does-cold-weather-affect-stereo-these-cars.html)

Fast2005XFire 12-18-2009 03:27 PM

Does cold weather affect the stereo on these cars???

Hi,

I just bought a 2005 crossfire about 2 months ago so I have no real experience with them yet, but I noticed today that I went out and started up the car and the radio was barely working. I haven't used the car in about a week, but this is the first really cold day that I started up the car and thought that might have something to do with it. After driving around for about 20 minutes it worked fine, but all of my pre-set stations were erased. Any ideas of what causes this??

Thanks
d:confused:

robby363 12-18-2009 04:01 PM

Re: Does cold weather affect the stereo on these cars???

Welcme to the forum, I see your from the Cape so you might want to check out the New England XFires on facebook. You can find the link at the bottom of my post. Sometimes in the cold weather my display is a little slow till the car warms up. I've never had the channels erase. It might be the battery or a loose connection. Did the car crank slowly when you started it?

Fast2005XFire 12-18-2009 04:12 PM

Hi Robby,

The car started right up with no issue at all....seemed very normal. The display was normal as well....just barely any sound at first. Very strange!!

D

Bat 12-19-2009 12:32 AM

I haven't had any problems at all with the Crossfire stereo in the cold but the PT Cruiser's (hey, it's a Chrysler so sorta on topic ;)) CD player has never worked right in the cold. Around 35F or below, it won't work (spins and gives error msg) until about 15 mins after car has warmed up. I have no solution (other than I don't play CDs in the Cruiser in the cold), I'm just posting because this is the first time I ever saw a similar type problem! :confused:

pizzaguy 12-19-2009 09:06 AM

This is very odd, your stations were erased? I replaced my battery in October. I took it out, went to O'Reilly's and came back. The car was without a batter for 1/2 hour.

I put the new one in, and my radio (Factory Infinity with NAV) had remembered all of it's presets! My Tach clock was at 12:00, and the clock in the radio was GONE, but the presets were all there. ODD.

To get the clock in the radio back, nothing worked. A few days later, I used the NAV and THAT brought the clock back.

I have had the radio out several times since then - it always remembers it's presets, but the clock goes away and only comes back if you use the Nav once.

I wonder about your radio now. :confused:

kingkub57 12-19-2009 11:25 AM

The only problem that I've had is that when first starting the car, the CD mechanism makes a clicking noise, I would have to say you have an internal problem with the radio, or amplifier if your model has one ? The radio should remember it's preset stations, see if you can swap another unit with yours if that is possible ?