Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Not much sound from the rear speakers!

Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not much sound from the rear speakers!

I'm new to my Crossfire Limitied. I've only driven it home from Michigan, basically and put it away. One of the things that has been percolating in my head is the fact that the radio, while nice, doesn't give me much inspiration. I'm not into head banging music. I just thought it would be a better.

Specifically, while the door speakers work and sound fine, the ones behind the seat are virtually "unhearable". I guess that these are sub-woofers and in that event, they are omnidirectional. But really, I literally have to get out of the car, put the seats up and get my ear right down into the speaker in order to hear them. Yes, they are working, but believe me, I've been around for a long time and it is like these things are not even in the game.

I know that others in the forum have not been impressed with the sound. Surprisingly, when my wife and I first went to see a Crossfire (coupe), the thing that impressed her more than anything, was the stereo. She thought it was amazing. I'm only happy that she has not really heard this one - because I think that she'd just roll her eyes.

Seriously, I do have to put my ear down to the speakers on either side to hear them. As I said, the doors are perfect.

Is this the norm? I wish that I had someone nearby to let me hear theirs. Maybe at a spring GTG I can check out another car. But for now, I'd just like to understand what I have.

Can anyone fill me in on what I should expect? It is like a fader control (which doesn't exist) has been used and it is just barely on.

Advice and counsel are welcomed.

Last edited by PitMarshall; 01-29-2011 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Not much sound from the rear speakers!

You can try the capacitor modification and see if that helps. I did it and was happy, and it costs a couple bucks.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-buck-mod.html

Originally Posted by PitMarshall
I'm new to my Crossfire Limitied. I've only driven it home from Michigan, basically and put it away. One of the things that has been percolating in my head is the fact that the radio, while nice, doesn't give me much inspiration. I'm not into head banging music. I just thought it would be a better.

Specifically, while the door speakers work and sound fine, the ones behind the seat are virtually "unhearable". I guess that these are sub-woofers and in that event, they are omnidirectional. But really, I literally have to get out of the car, put the seats up and get my ear right down into the speaker in order to hear them. Yes, they are working, but believe me, I've been around for a long time and it is like these things are not even in the game.

I know that others in the forum have not been impressed with the sound. Surprisingly, when my wife and I first went to see a Crossfire (coupe), the thing that impressed her more than anything, was the stereo. She thought it was amazing. I'm only happy that she has not really heard this one - because I think that she'd just roll her eyes.

Seriously, I do have to put my ear down to the speakers on either side to hear them. As I said, the doors are perfect.

Is this the norm? I wish that I had someone nearby to let me hear theirs. Maybe at a spring GTG I can check out another car. But for now, I'd just like to understand what I have.

Can anyone fill me in on what I should expect? It is like a fader control (which doesn't exist) has been used and it is just barely on.

Advice and counsel are welcomed.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:14 PM

I had seen that post and I'm interested in doing the modification. It talked about the bass from those speakers as being too much and muddling the sound.

Is this modification supposed to result in increased sound volume from the rear speakers? Right now, sound seems almost non-existent.

I never did find the DIY photos etc.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: Not much sound from the rear speakers!

Yea what He said! This Year It might cost You as much as 6 stinking Dollars and 30 minutes of Your time to make the Stock Rock!

The DIY photos are on Page 2 and YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will amaze You. Those Subs Do work

Last edited by 05roadsterguy; 01-29-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

I had seen that post and I'm interested in doing the modification. It talked about the bass from those speakers as being too much and muddling the sound.

Is this modification supposed to result in increased sound volume from the rear speakers? Right now, sound seems almost non-existent.

I never did find the DIY photos etc.
Hi there Brad Pitmarshal, if you decide on the 270mf mod you are in luck. I have a spare set done up by Maxichon, connectors fitted and all. Just cut and crimp the connectors and you are away to the races. No charge and you'll save all the hassle.
PM me
Here is the how to thread.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...html#post79700

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-29-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:03 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Hi there Brad Pitmarshal, if you decide on the 270mf mod you are in luck. I have a spare set done up by Maxichon, connectors fitted and all. Just cut and crimp the connectors and you are away to the races. No charge and you'll save all the hassle.
PM me
Here is the how to thread.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...html#post79700
After Dave hooks you up ....you will be amazed at the difference. It will take 15 minutes tops.

Last edited by SparkieSRT6; 01-29-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:28 PM

I honestly, cannot wait. I'm stoked about this. In part to get the sound improved - in part because I want to report the outcome back to this forum. You guys are all fantastic. I just hope that I can be as strong a contributing member as you all are!

John

Old 07-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

I honestly, cannot wait. I'm stoked about this. In part to get the sound improved - in part because I want to report the outcome back to this forum. You guys are all fantastic. I just hope that I can be as strong a contributing member as you all are!

John
Good job I did not hold my breath, 7 1/2 years later still no reply. LOL
Amazing, the old posts are a good read, I just stumbled on this one.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Musta blew his mind!!