Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Stock Radio Issues

Old 09-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Radio Issues

A few weeks ago then radio did not turn off when I turned off the car and removed the key. Odd, so I pushed the button to power the radio off.

Now, every time I start the car, the radio does not power on. Blank display. Hit the power button one time and the display reads "phone" but no sound. Wasn't even aware there is a phone function, or how to use it.

Hit the power button a second time and the radio powers on. It powers back off when you turn the car off. But on restart it does not power on automatically.

The backlight also no longer works (issue happened at the same time). Any thoughts?

Found this thread https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post731798

Doesn't sound like exactly the same issue, and I think I've tried this solution, but I'll check again tonight.

Thanks.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:09 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Stock Radio Issues

Originally Posted by JoesXfire
A few weeks ago then radio did not turn off when I turned off the car and removed the key. Odd, so I pushed the button to power the radio off.

Now, every time I start the car, the radio does not power on. Blank display. Hit the power button one time and the display reads "phone" but no sound. Wasn't even aware there is a phone function, or how to use it.

Hit the power button a second time and the radio powers on. It powers back off when you turn the car off. But on restart it does not power on automatically.

The backlight also no longer works (issue happened at the same time). Any thoughts?

Found this thread https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post731798

Doesn't sound like exactly the same issue, and I think I've tried this solution, but I'll check again tonight.

Thanks.
Yeah, these system and radios are querky. I had very limited and sporatic issues similar to this with my OEM stock in my 04 Crossfire. Usually turning the car off, them back on fixed it for months. I changed mine out to an 05 stock radio (because my 04 stock had the LED readout which was hard to see in the sun and the 05 has a backlit LCD, which is much better). This radio has done the same thing on a few occassions. Lately, it makes a clicking noise upon start up when it has a CD in it.

My belief is that your issue was similar to my old issue. The "phone" id isn't that it has a phone function, but it is instead the TP (mute function) on the radio. You push that when you are on your mobile phone so you can talk -- but it's really just "mute". What I did to fix my issue when it occurred was to cycle through by pushing the mute button on, then off, then turning the radio off before you turn the car off. That seemed to correct it, at least for a while. Each time it occurred, I used this procedure. Make sure to turn the radio off before your turn off the ignition.

Also, you should know that the radio has a feature that it will stay on even when the car is off and the key is out, until you exit. Many cars have a similar feature. Ours are just finicky when we use it.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe,

If your stock radio continues to have issues, I posted a Blauplunkt MP-48 that's still available that might be of interest to you.

Take a peek at this link :

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...mp48-sale.html

If you want to consider this, shoot me a private message or email me at patscat@outlook.com ...

Maybe we can cut a deal on the MP-48, as it's just gathering dust and I don't need it any more....

Good Luck...

Old 03-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Hi
Had a major battery failure which meant I lost all power, replaced the battery and entered the head unit (Audio ) code which then all fired up and working , however now have no sound even though can turn the volume up and down !!! any suggestions welcome please.

Roody

Old 03-20-2016, 11:04 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Roody
Hi
Had a major battery failure which meant I lost all power, replaced the battery and entered the head unit (Audio ) code which then all fired up and working , however now have no sound even though can turn the volume up and down !!! any suggestions welcome please.

Roody
I cannot understand what is being said here and from the lack of answers I assume no one else does either.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

Hi

Roody
Well if your "battery failure" happened going down the road, that is, if all electrical power was lost with engine running, you had more than a battery failure. There may be damage to the audio amplifier.

Of course, it could be as simple as a blown fuse to the amplifier. If the head unit is powered up you still wont have any sound if the amplifier is damaged or unpowered.

Old 03-21-2016, 10:45 AM

I agree with Mark. One year going to Woodward my radio just stopped working. No other problems, it would turn on but there was no sound. Took it to a Radio Shack tech and he said the amp was bad. New amp fixed it.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:47 PM

Hi Ya
Ye see what you mean about the post I put on meant that the Radio / CD visually works and when I turn the volume buton up and down can visually see the volume intensity bars move up and down, but no audio sound.
Roody

Old 03-21-2016, 03:51 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

1. amplifier fuse blown ( fuse #23 in underhood panel )
2. amplifier blown ( under passenger foot well, check for water damage )
3. head unit blown.
4. wiring.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:01 PM

Hi All
have to say love this forum , have saved me loads of Pounds / Bucks . It did turn out to be a blown fuse , and yes Number 23 which is 15 Amp bye the way.
Thanks all for response's.

Roody

Old 03-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Hi All
have to say love this forum , have saved me loads of Pounds / Bucks . It did turn out to be a blown fuse , and yes Number 23 which is 15 Amp bye the way.
Thanks all for response's.

Roody
Thanks Roody, many do not bother letting us know what they found.
George

Old 05-15-2018, 11:59 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Searched and found - no sound from the radio - fuse 23 hit the button. Wife is happy now. I can drive without music / noise but she needs something all the time.