CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Audio, Video and Electronics (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/audio-video-electronics/)
-   -   I need some help replacing head unit. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/audio-video-electronics/80748-i-need-some-help-replacing-head-unit.html)

Tom3120 09-10-2019 10:45 AM

I need some help replacing head unit.

So I did some research last week about replacing my stock head unit. I decided to go with a Kenwood KMR-D375BT. I want to use all factory speakers. So if I’ve read correctly I will need to also buy a Scosche VW01B harness to properly hook up the unit to factory wiring. I’ve also read that I “might” need an antenna adapter??? Does anyone know if this is true and do I need a male or female adapter?
at first I was thinking I could get this changed out before the trip to the Dragon in 3 weeks but I’m just unsure of what all I need to order. This may end up being a winter project.
So, head unit, wire harness and maybe an antenna adapter. Anything else?

onehundred80 09-10-2019 11:17 AM

Re: I need some help replacing head unit.

Originally Posted by Tom3120 (Post 929282)
So I did some research last week about replacing my stock head unit. I decided to go with a Kenwood KMR-D375BT. I want to use all factory speakers. So if I’ve read correctly I will need to also buy a Scosche VW01B harness to properly hook up the unit to factory wiring. I’ve also read that I “might” need an antenna adapter??? Does anyone know if this is true and do I need a male or female adapter?
at first I was thinking I could get this changed out before the trip to the Dragon in 3 weeks but I’m just unsure of what all I need to order. This may end up being a winter project.
So, head unit, wire harness and maybe an antenna adapter. Anything else?

Here is what you need for a Kenwood install. CLICK
You need the antenna adapter shown in the PDF unless you are replacing the navigation radio which already uses it.

Tom3120 09-10-2019 12:07 PM

Thanks 180. I do remember seeing this, but didn’t save it. Thanks for the heads up.

Tom3120 09-10-2019 12:23 PM

Thanks 180. I do remember seeing this, but didn’t save it. Thanks for the heads up.

pizzaguy 09-10-2019 02:12 PM

If you don't get it done before you leave, put the stuff in the trunk. Maybe it will rain or something and we get bored - if so, with 140 people and 88 cars, someone will have the tools to install it.
We are on vacation and don't go there to work on cars, but so many end up working on cars anyway.....................................

Tom3120 09-10-2019 05:15 PM

Ok, got everything ordered today.
Mark must have gotten a raise because the Kenwood unit I bought went up $10 today from just last week? LOL :p