-C-I-C-C-I Discussion The place for members and those interested in joining the Club.

Cicci???

Old 12-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cicci???

does it still exist?? never saw anything on this forum to indicate it didn't any longer so i sent in my application and my check for $35.00 on october 4 (shortly after joining this forum) and haven't heard word one from them to date (now obviously well over their "six to eight weeks" expected processing time).

can someone shed some light on the deal and give me so hope that they are just inefficient, etc rather than having more on to their next great adventure.

thanks
steve

Old 12-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Received 523 Likes on 416 Posts
Default Re: Cicci???

Originally Posted by srs244
does it still exist?? never saw anything on this forum to indicate it didn't any longer so i sent in my application and my check for $35.00 on october 4 (shortly after joining this forum) and haven't heard word one from them to date (now obviously well over their "six to eight weeks" expected processing time).

can someone shed some light on the deal and give me so hope that they are just inefficient, etc rather than having more on to their next great adventure.

thanks
steve

Go to their website and see if you can submit your inquiry directly. Organization does still exist to my knowledge.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Go to their website and see if you can submit your inquiry directly. Organization does still exist to my knowledge.
i did contact them via their site. we'll see what happens, i guess. not really what i was hoping for, however. i figured that they would be much more responsive.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:28 PM

UPDATE: still have yet to hear back from the email i sent 5 days ago. is there anyone that might be able to shed some light on this situation??

thanks

steve

Old 12-18-2017, 04:45 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by srs244
UPDATE: still have yet to hear back from the email i sent 5 days ago. is there anyone that might be able to shed some light on this situation??

thanks

steve
I made a comment on here once and got a lot of abuse from the "secretary" she was none to friendly so I did not renew. Others have had problems with communication problems, seems it is just the way it is. There is a group of members who formed this group and if you are not in the clique you can just pay and keep your mouth shut. They will spend your money any which way they want. Ask for last years expenses etc, I never did see one.
A new president was voted in a short time ago and he tried to change things and he soon quit in frustration as there was no way to change course, it was their way or no way.

Old 12-18-2017, 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=onehundred80;898886]I made a comment on here once and got a lot of abuse from the "secretary" she was none to friendly so I did not renew. Others have had problems with communication problems, seems it is just the way it is. There is a group of members who formed this group and if you are not in the clique you can just pay and keep your mouth shut. They will spend your money any which way they want. Ask for last years expenses etc, I never did see one.
A new president was voted in a short time ago and he tried to change things and he soon quit in frustration as there was no way to change course, it was their way or no way.

[/QUOTE

thanks for an honest reply. my membership check is still out there somewhere since it hasn't cleared my bank for the last almost 3 months. as a new forum member (and new crossfire owner) i figured that it was going to be something worthwhile. i have to admit that so far i'm underwhelmed and unimpressed. thanks again.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:10 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

There are plenty pro-CICCI members right here that have probably read this thread but danced around it. Come on guys, tell us what is happening!

Old 12-19-2017, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by James1549
There are plenty pro-CICCI members right here that have probably read this thread but danced around it. Come on guys, tell us what is happening!
james, that was my initial thought, but as you can tell from the lack of response to my inquiry in this thread, apparently i was very mistaken.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I think the band is still playing... not sure about the ship though...

Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by James1549
I think the band is still playing... not sure about the ship though...

totally agree at this point. happy holidays

Old 12-19-2017, 01:01 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

I think the ship has cleared the harbor and no one told the band to stop playing
( and I AM a CICCI member )

Old 12-19-2017, 07:02 PM
Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

It is becoming sadly ridiculous. Last I heard some discussion was to take place at Carlisle looking for a way forward, but nothing has been posted as to that effort. The CICCI website is dead. If we have no club then at the least it should be officially disbanded as per the bylaws and an announcement to that effect be posted here. I hope Tony acrispy1 will have something positive to say about the Carlisle effort. Come on Tony, please chime in.

Old 12-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I never heard anything myself.

Old 12-30-2017, 03:44 PM

Access to the documentation on the Crossfire yields no results. My guess is that the club is in limbo or defunct.
Was there ever a detailed financial statement published?

Old 01-04-2018, 12:54 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Access to the documentation on the Crossfire yields no results. My guess is that the club is in limbo or defunct.
Was there ever a detailed financial statement published?

In order to prevent arguments within the club about how money is spent, detailed financial statements have never been published. The club has always been very conservative with it's spending...money has always been spent in the best interest of the club to give back to its members.

The BoD has always been open about $'s in the bank to members in the meeting minutes. As far as the clubs' future, I'll leave that to other Board members to announce.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
In order to prevent arguments within the club about how money is spent, detailed financial statements have never been published. The club has always been very conservative with it's spending...money has always been spent in the best interest of the club to give back to its members.

The BoD has always been open about $'s in the bank to members in the meeting minutes. As far as the clubs' future, I'll leave that to other Board members to announce.
Financial details tell in which direction the money went, and answers such questions as what expenses were incurred by the board. Where the personnel Carlyle costs expensed out for the board, in a legitimate company these would be OK but in a small club that could be questionable. It would be interesting to see the boards members names side by side with the prize winning car owners for each year, and who exactly got to vote.
I know it is tough to fill positions in clubs like this and a clique can gain control very easily, Red Dog quit as the clique were not impressed with proposed changes, what they were was never revealed. Where they good, bad or indifferent who knows?
Who has the remaining cash and how much is? If I was a member I would want to know that info.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-04-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Financial details tell in which direction the money went, and answers such questions as what expenses were incurred by the board. Where the personnel Carlyle costs expensed out for the board, in a legitimate company these would be OK but in a small club that could be questionable. It would be interesting to see the boards members names side by side with the prize winning car owners for each year, and who exactly got to vote.
I know it is tough to fill positions in clubs like this and a clique can gain control very easily, Red Dog quit as the clique were not impressed with proposed changes, what they were was never revealed. Where they good, bad or indifferent who knows?
Who has the remaining cash and how much is? If I was a member I would want to know that info.

Members are provided spending information in the meeting minutes.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:33 PM

I dropped out it a few years back. I figured a club that could not even send you a newsletter or anything wasn't worth being a member of. I heard from a good source it was going to just die a slow death.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:54 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Note: InfernoRedXfire (Dan) is the treasurer of CICCI . . .

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Really? Well maybe up until now . . .

I am the last officially elected President of CICCI. I resigned in frustration back in December of 2015 . . .

On the subject of CICCI here's a little current information . . . This information is summarized from a very recent conference call wherein most all of the CICCI leaders (past and present) participated. On behalf of Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) event scheduled for June 24th - 28th 2018, Gary Wemple (Valk) requested some financial support / assistance from CICCI to help with the cost of two group meals that we have planned. His request was quickly and firmly rejected! The most recently available CICCI financial information (from way back in June 2017) indicated there was $6,783.71 remaining in the CICCI treasury. It seems, however, that the CICCI Board of Directors has decided they would rather donate those remaining monies (which of course all came from Crossfire owners) to a charity rather than use it to provide support for this (or any other) Crossfire event . . . Go figure . . .
While there is plenty I can say about my personal experience with CICCI . . . enough said for here. The Board of Directors is planning to shut down CICCI by the end of February 2018.

Last edited by RED DOG; 01-08-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Note: InfernoRedXfire (Dan) is the treasurer of CICCI . . .

Really?

I am the last officially elected President of CICCI. I resigned in frustration back in December of 2015 . . .

On the subject of CICCI here's a little current information . . . On behalf of Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) scheduled for June 24th - 28th 2018, Gary Wemple (Valk) requested some financial support / assistance from CICCI for the two group meals that we have planned. His request was quickly and firmly rejected! The most recently available CICCI financial information (from way back in June 2016) indicated there was $6,783.71 remaining in the CICCI treasury. It seems, however, that the CICCI Board of Directors has decided they would rather donate those remaining monies (which of course all came from Crossfire owners) to a charity rather than use it to provide any support for this (or any other) Crossfire event . . . Go figure . . .
While there is plenty I can say about my personal experience with CICCI . . . enough said for here. The Board of Directors is planning to shut down CICCI by the end of February 2018.
If I was a member in good standing I would want a portion of my dues back and not have it donated to a charity to which I had no part in deciding especially if it was associated with some religion or cause I had strong feelings against. Many charities have expenses that far exceed the monies given to the cause they claim to support.
By my calculations the balance on hand is the dues money of 270 odd members as nothing seems to have been done lately and there seems to have been little in the way of accountability of dollars coming in and going out these people deserve their money back. Maybe the BoD find it easier to dispose of the money in a lump sum gather than mail money back to members who had trust in their judgement, after all that may involve some work such as when people tried to join and their membership money was never touched but they never heard why.

Quick Reply: Cicci???