CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Canada (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/canada/)
-   -   SOCO tour to port elgin sept 10th (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/canada/51704-soco-tour-port-elgin-sept-10th.html)

gryfan 08-14-2011 10:15 AM

SOCO tour to port elgin sept 10th

hello SOCO members,
just a reminder of our one day fall tour to port elgin. our meeting place is old highway 6 and 401 at the tim horton's. saturday september 10th at 8:00 am - 8:30. we will leave at 8:30 at the latest...and work our way through guelph and then elora........then north on highway 9 through clifford and harriston etc. till we get to the port elgin south hampton area. no real tight schedule....we can stop in some of the small towns for some sight seeing/ window shopping/ farmer's markets etc. we have a half a dozen cars going at this point . come and join us.......this is of course ...weather permitting.
let us know if you are interested. you can joins us even at the last minute.
cheers,;)
gryfan

user 8202 08-14-2011 11:43 AM

Re: SOCO tour to port elgin sept 10th

I'm in....weather permitting!

gryfan 08-14-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by tonygg
I'm in....weather permitting!

super tony......we'll see you there.
gryfan

gryfan 09-02-2011 07:49 AM

bump .....bump

gryfan 09-05-2011 03:39 PM

hello soco members,
just to clear up any potential confusion saturday morning....it is exit # 299 off of the 401. it is the old way to guelph from hamilton.come off the 401 and go right.....the hortons is right there. we will be meeting at 8:30 am. we will wait if you are running late. call gryfan @ 905 -- 220--6612...if you are having an issue that morning.
see you all there,;)
gryfan

SparkieSRT6 09-05-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by gryfan
hello soco members,
just to clear up any potential confusion saturday morning....it is exit # 299 off of the 401. it is the old way to guelph from hamilton.come off the 401 and go right.....the hortons is right there. we will be meeting at 8:30 am. we will wait if you are running late. call gryfan @ 905 -- 220--6612...if you are having an issue that morning.
see you all there,;)
gryfan

Nick,
Do you have any idea of when you may be around the Arthur area?? hwy 6 & 9(109)

gryfan 09-05-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Nick,
Do you have any idea of when you may be around the Arthur area?? hwy 6 & 9(109)

sparkie,
i sent you an e-mail....but our tour will not be going through arthur. the closest we will be is alma and palmerston.
cheers,;)

SparkieSRT6 09-05-2011 06:38 PM

sparkie,
i sent you an e-mail....but our tour will not be going through arthur. the closest we will be is alma and palmerston.
cheers,;)

email received and replied.....:)

turbomar 09-07-2011 08:36 PM

Thanks for keeping us up to date Gryfin. Were looking forward to meeting you guys... twill be fun!

gryfan 09-07-2011 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by turbomar
Thanks for keeping us up to date Gryfin. Were looking forward to meeting you guys... twill be fun!

turbomar,
we are all looking forward to meeting our friends from the east.
cheers,;)
gryfan

stevedask 09-08-2011 07:30 AM

Depending on how my ball game turns out tonight I may be free from the tournament Saturday and we would able to attend. Is this an overnight or do you plan on coming back Sat. night?

Thanks,

Steve & Charlotte

user 8202 09-08-2011 08:01 AM

...We'll be there Sat morning...weather is looking good...looking forward to seeing everyone again, including you Nick..;)

gryfan 09-08-2011 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by stevedask
Depending on how my ball game turns out tonight I may be free from the tournament Saturday and we would able to attend. Is this an overnight or do you plan on coming back Sat. night?

Thanks,

Steve & Charlotte

we would be more than happy for you to join us. it is only a one day event. the plan is to leave saturday morning....and be back home saturday night.i know turbomar is spending the friday night in guelph....only because he is coming from prescott.
good luck with your game ....but if the tourney ends early......join us,
cheers,;)
nick

gryfan 09-10-2011 05:33 AM

what a great day for a tour.....nothing like the smell of the rich exhaust of crossfires in the morning. see you all in a couple of hours!
cheers,;)

SparkieSRT6 09-10-2011 06:49 PM

Wifey and I had a great time today. :D
Weather was perfect and met so many new Crossfire friends.......and it was great to see some regulars again too.
Excellent job Beth & Nick for organizing this event.
Who is going to post picks?

gryfan 09-10-2011 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Wifey and I had a great time today. :D
Weather was perfect and met so many new Crossfire friends.......and it was great to see some regulars again too.
Excellent job Beth & Nick for organizing this event.
Who is going to post picks?

actually as much as i would "love" to take all the credit.....the whites also helped in the organization. david and cheryl were a big help.
i agree , it was great to see all of those people out today. it was one of the best gtg's in a long time.i was really nice to see all of the "new" people. it means we are still growing the club in our neck of the woods. it was also a pleasure to meet"wifey"....she is a doll.
mario and shelly, wally, hal, norm,ken, angelo,david,cheryl,pit marshall, tonygg, sparky and mrs. sparky... steve charlotte......and anyone i may have forgotten.....thanks for a great day! we had a blast. we now have to wait for angelo to post some great pics. with that big honking camera ....he must have taken some doozies.
hope you all have/ had a safe drive home . we can't wiat to meet again......at norm's ...if not sooner.
cheers;) ,
crash / gryfan

user 8202 09-11-2011 04:06 PM

actually as much as i would "love" to take all the credit.....the whites also helped in the organization. david and cheryl were a big help.
i agree , it was great to see all of those people out today. it was one of the best gtg's in a long time.i was really nice to see all of the "new" people. it means we are still growing the club in our neck of the woods. it was also a pleasure to meet"wifey"....she is a doll.
mario and shelly, wally, hal, norm,ken, angelo,david,cheryl,pit marshall, tonygg, sparky and mrs. sparky... steve charlotte......and anyone i may have forgotten.....thanks for a great day! we had a blast. we now have to wait for angelo to post some great pics. with that big honking camera ....he must have taken some doozies.
hope you all have/ had a safe drive home . we can't wiat to meet again......at norm's ...if not sooner.
cheers;) ,
crash / gryfan

Thanks to Nick / Beth / David and Cheryl for leading an enjoyable road trip. Great roads. Nice, never before seen towns. Great lunch venue. Perfect weather.
See you all next, south of the border.......

T.

turbomar 09-11-2011 08:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
What an ideal day this was for a cruise, meeting new XF owners and making new friends. I and Shelley enjoyed our day with you all. Here's a few pics...

Last pic on the right is me enjoying an excellent Lemonade provided by Nick!

Mario

Ottawa John 09-12-2011 10:20 AM

Great pics Turbo. Looks like a really great day. Really great cars, and really great people.
Does anyone have a tentative date for a Prince Edward County cruise?

gryfan 09-12-2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ottawa John
Great pics Turbo. Looks like a really great day. Really great cars, and really great people.
Does anyone have a tentative date for a Prince Edward County cruise?

ottawa john,
hello ...gryfan here. we would like to have seen you on saturday....but we understand it is a ways away. i see you guys are talking about doing a tour on the island that makes up the "county". how about a tour around kingston and the thousand islands?
also , i see that you are from a small town outside of ottawa. do you happen to know the Fitzpatrick family? there is randy, shawn,terry and bill. actually bill owns a small bistro in ottawa....petit bill's bistro.they are relatives of an aquaintance of mine.
cheers,;)
gryfan