CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Canada (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/canada/)
-   -   Odd ? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/canada/55741-odd.html)

liberty1 04-20-2012 09:31 AM

Odd ?

There is a SRT 6 for sale om Autotrader.ca. One of the pictures shows the window sticker. Looking closely at it I noticed that the car was sold to Chrysler Canada imported at Halifax and sent to Toronto Auto Auctions. Was this the only way to get them on to dealer lots? Seems odd that a new SRT would be sent directly to auction.

onehundred80 04-20-2012 10:43 AM

Re: Odd ?

Originally Posted by liberty1 (Post 667931)
There is a SRT 6 for sale om Autotrader.ca. One of the pictures shows the window sticker. Looking closely at it I noticed that the car was sold to Chrysler Canada imported at Halifax and sent to Toronto Auto Auctions. Was this the only way to get them on to dealer lots? Seems odd that a new SRT would be sent directly to auction.

Add the link please as I cannot find it.

liberty1 04-20-2012 11:10 AM

www.autotrader.ca/a/chrysler/crossfire/hamilton/ontario/19_5360178_/

onehundred80 04-20-2012 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by liberty1 (Post 667957)

I'd hazard a guess that Chrysler imported them and sent them out to dealers to sell. If a dealer ordered one then the dealers name would be on the paper instead.
I think I heard that they were allocated to dealers even if they did not want them.

$65,000? Holy cow Batman!

liberty1 04-20-2012 11:47 AM

So they went to auction and dealers bid on them? At $65,000 msrp no wonder they went to auction.

onehundred80 04-20-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by liberty1 (Post 667963)
So they went to auction and dealers bid on them? At $65,000 msrp no wonder they went to auction.

I do not understand the auction part of it.
My wife was working at a Chrysler dealership at the time and they had some sent to them to sell as I recall.
I purchased my NA from them when it was discounted to move it off the lot. Mine sat around for 18 months and it had < 50 kilometers on it when I got it.
My wife made me buy it, honestly. She phoned me from work and said that I should come and see the car. I went there after Googling the car, one test drive and it was mine.:D

liberty1 04-20-2012 12:21 PM

Mine as well sat on the dealers lot for almost two years before we bought it. I assume the dealers didnot want any more even if it was a SRT6. I wonder how many SRT's were imported by Chrysler Canada?

SparkieSRT6 07-07-2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by liberty1 (Post 667973)
Mine as well sat on the dealers lot for almost two years before we bought it. I assume the dealers didnot want any more even if it was a SRT6. I wonder how many SRT's were imported by Chrysler Canada?

I know this is a little old but I just stumbled upon it now.
When I bought mine, I was told by a Toronto Area Chrsler Dealer General Manager (who also owns a SRT6) that there were only around 30 ever imported to Canada. :cool:

onehundred80 07-07-2012 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6 (Post 682776)
When I bought mine, I was told by a Toronto Area Chrsler Dealer General Manager (who also owns a SRT6) that there were only around 30 ever imported to Canada. :cool:

Well I guess we have imported a few more since then.:D

liberty1 07-09-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6 (Post 682776)

If that number is correct then a Canadian spec SRT is a rare car.