Canada Serving Canada.

May GTG/Cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: May GTG/Cruise?

I just updated post #1 with some info. More details to follow once I've investigated some of the spots I want to hit.

Old 04-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey all of you Canadians, put us down as attending 👫
Rapps -Ann & Gary
That is if you'll have us lol

Old 04-12-2014, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Hey Ann & Gary -
It will be a pleasure to meet you. We can't have too many yellow roadsters. This is turning into a very well received GTG with good participation - good for Chris - aka Buck Spunni!
And Ron & Jenny Singer from PA have been with us for a couple of cruises too - always fun & they'll be able to translate for you.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:06 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rapp's
Hey all of you Canadians, put us down as attending 👫
Rapps -Ann & Gary
That is if you'll have us lol
You're on the list. Don't forget to pack your snowshoes

Old 04-12-2014, 11:37 PM
Forum Regular

Took a few photos on my dry run today. I have 5 waterfalls planned for Sunday afternoon: Tiffany, Albion, Devil's Punchbowl, Louth & Rockway. All are easily accessible - just a short walk from the parking areas. Two of the parking areas have pay & display machines but it's cheap. A couple of the falls may involve a longer nature walk to see them from a good vantage point if we have time. Click on the thumbnails for larger photos in my album, and don't mind the snow & ice - it'll be gone soon - and there will be green leaves and grass instead of the mud.
The run along Ridge Road has some nice views of the lake and a few windy sections. Speed limit is 60kph for quite a bit of it but you wouldn't want to be going much faster if you're sneaking peaks at the view. Today I ended up in convoy with a couple of groups of motorcycles...lotsa fun!

Old 04-13-2014, 11:52 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to it! Were good with hiking, after sitting in a car for hours often it's a relief to get out and walk.
If it's cold, raining or snowing: back up plan......eat and drink in one place a lot, I vote- Yes, lol

Old 04-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Forum Regular

HTML Code:
If it's cold, raining or snowing: back up plan......eat and drink in one place a lot, I vote- Yes, lol
Hey Gary - Where are you coming from? I'm really hoping that we don't have to worry about snow. This isn't Winnipeg or something like it.
Now, not wanting to hijack the thread, but I took a look at your info., Gary, and it led me to your promotions business. It will be a pleasure to meet with you, but you're not going to try to sell me a couple of your denim Crossfire shirts, are you? Men's size large and women's small? With roadsters on them? Or coffee mugs with the 2007 yellow roadster? Are you? Please?

Old 04-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Forum Regular

Beautiful day for a drive today so I did the Grand River run this afternoon to make sure I know the way. Found a spot for Sunday lunch too. Not long now....

Old 04-27-2014, 10:54 PM
Forum Regular

Tony just made a good suggestion - if you have FRS radios aka walkie talkies, bring them along as they're handy to keep in touch. We'll have a few spares if you don't have one.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Forum Regular

OK - we're into May and I need to finalize a head count so I can confirm numbers for meal bookings & confirm adequate parking spots at the various stops. I've had contact with everyone (I think) through posts & messages here at the forums, and in some cases just by email. I'll be damned if I can keep everybody's real names and forum nicknames straight, so please help me out...
Can every one active here at the forums check the list in the first post & chime in either by posting here, by private message or by email with the following information :
Forum name, real name (just first names are fine if you're concerned), what nights you're staying in town & where.
If you're in contact with folks that you know don't frequent the forums, please ask them to check in with me too.
There isn't going to be a cut-off...anybody can join in right up to the last minute...but I would like to try & get all my ducks in a row.
Thanks to all that have joined in - this should be a fun weekend!

Old 05-02-2014, 10:00 AM

Singerron, Ron and Jenny Singer, coming from Pennsylvania, USA. We are staying Friday and Sat night at the Holiday Inn Express in Waterloo.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Buck Spunni
Tony just made a good suggestion - if you have FRS radios aka walkie talkies, bring them along as they're handy to keep in touch. We'll have a few spares if you don't have one.
Addendum, just so we're crystal clear.
I think I should state quite clearly here that I do not condone the use of hand-held devices while driving. Far from it - I've had to dodge my fair share of distracted drivers yacking on cell phones and we will not be promoting that kind of reckless behaviour on this cruise if I have anything to say about it. And in this particular situation I most certainly DO have something to say about it. The operation of FRS radios on this cruise will be under the control of the navigator NOT the driver.
OK, rant over, please return to whatever you were doing before I interrupted you.

Old 05-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Screen name. LORNE Real name LORNE. Elaine and I plan on being with the groupe on Saturday not on Sunday at this time. Lorne

Old 05-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lorne
Screen name. LORNE Real name LORNE. Elaine and I plan on being with the groupe on Saturday not on Sunday at this time. Lorne
Thanks Lorne.
Your screen name is a real conversation starter. Where did you come up with that?

Old 05-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

When you get to be my age you do not want to have too many things to remember,So you keep it simple. Lorne

Old 05-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Forum Regular

Addendum, just so we're crystal clear.
I think I should state quite clearly here that I do not condone the use of hand-held devices while driving. Far from it - I've had to dodge my fair share of distracted drivers yacking on cell phones and we will not be promoting that kind of reckless behaviour on this cruise if I have anything to say about it. And in this particular situation I most certainly DO have something to say about it. The operation of FRS radios on this cruise will be under the control of the navigator NOT the driver.
So there!

Real name - John. Forum name - Ottawa John. Because I live there. It has nothing to do with pimps and hookers.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by Ottawa John
So there!

Real name - John. Forum name - Ottawa John. Because I live there. It has nothing to do with pimps and hookers.

Did I have you pegged wrong then !!!.....

Old 05-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Forum Regular

Sunday morning gathering point. Since the biggest concentration of attendees is at the Holiday Inn Express in Waterloo, why don't we make that the gathering point location?

Old 05-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Forum Regular

Sunday morning gathering point. Since the biggest concentration of attendees is at the Holiday Inn Express in Waterloo, why don't we make that the gathering point location?
OK - this convinced me to get on board with most others. I've changed my reservation from the Marriott to the Holiday Inn for both nights.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ottawa John
OK - this convinced me to get on board with most others. I've changed my reservation from the Marriott to the Holiday Inn for both nights.
I think that leaves Tony at The Marriot & everybody else that's staying over at The Holiday Inn Express. Is that right? The two hotels are almost next door to each other.

Quick Reply: May GTG/Cruise?